Finished my birth plan!

thanks for sharing that hun! Some great points and I'm gonna work with yours to give me the best plan. Hope all goes well for you and I can't wait to see your baby in a few weeks xxx

Thanks for that link chick, I understand now and am happy for my little boy to have the injection. I think I will use alot of the stuff in your birth plan if you don't mind. Can't wait to read your birth story, hope you manage to put your feet up for the next couple of weeks and aren't too uncomfy now x

no problem, you girls are all welcome to use it and make it your own :)
hahah, i feel like i'm about to pop any moment now so lots of chilling out for me, i can hardly move haha!!

what's a vitamin k injection and what does the baby need it for?

I read about this last night, its in the nhs pregnancy book. Its offered because there is a rare condition which can cause baby not to have enough vitamin k. If they wait until they test for it, a baby with the condition might have suffered some brain damage in the time between birth and getting treatment. The vitamin k prevents this happening on the off chance your baby has this rare condition.

The book says there is no side effect, other than obviously, your baby will probably not be too happy about having an injection!

That's really great. I like the bit about FOB accompanying baby if she needs medical assistance or if u need a cesarean. Will certainly be adding that myself!

I just finished mine too!!
Mines very similar to yours the only difference being i have said i don't want any students in the room lol
xxx

i understand not everyone likes trainees round them but when i had my dd it was the trainee midwife that spotted the decels in her hb the m/w just said it was fine trainee showed the dr and 5mins later baby was delivered by emrgency csection i do believe she helped save my dd life as she insisted things wernt right and she was correct so id always allow them x

i like your birthing plan so much that i want it!! lol. it like exactly what i want in my birth!! but i would put.. 'i will have an epidural if absolutley necessary' as i am rubbish with pain!

what is your pain threshold like rachel? it's only round the corner now are you excited??? i am for you!! you best write your birth story here ;) but obviously rest and stuff beforehand lol xx

ahahah, its pretty good, i have tattoos and facial piercings so i'd say it was fairly high!
i think i'll cope well with the pain but we shall see, i bet i'll be eating my wordas on the big day hahah :lol:
gosh it's come so quickly and i am so so so excited to be so close to meeting my little girl but i'm also anxious and a wee bit scared but that's expected really with every baby haha :D
ohh i will deff write it and lots of piccys too!
i have my fingers firmly crossed that hopefully she'll come out with lots of lovely red hair like i did :D
xx

aww i hope she does, ginger babies are the cutest they look like little dollies! what colour eyes do you think she'll have! eee it's so exciting isn't it, thinking about who they'll take after, what they'll be like :D:D

aw sounds like you hve a good pain threshold then! hope you get to use the birthing pool, i'm wanting to use that too xxx

Its gonna hurt more if you expect it to! PMA girls!

aww i hope she does, ginger babies are the cutest they look like little dollies! what colour eyes do you think she'll have! eee it's so exciting isn't it, thinking about who they'll take after, what they'll be like :D:D

aw sounds like you hve a good pain threshold then! hope you get to use the birthing pool, i'm wanting to use that too xxx

awww :D
i'm guessing hers will stay blue like mine but who knows, her daddy has brown eyes
OR could skip a generation all together and have my mum's green eyes hahaha, i'll just have to wait and see!

i hope so too, not sure about giving birth in it but i'd love to use it for labour!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back