my biggest fear

missac

Reaction score
following on from redshoes thread I was wonderingif anyone can help me! My biggest fear is night time and Thomas suffocating! I really don't know the best way to tuck him in at night. I have two swaddling blankets, so if I put him in one of those do I put a blanket over him and if so how? Do I tuck it around him or place it loosely over him?

A step by step guide would be marvellous!!!!

aww :hug:

when i put emily to bed, i put her feet at the bottom of the cot and put 2 blankets over her loosely, depending on the weather.

because its gettin hotter he might be ok with just the swaddling blanket.
dont worry, you wont feel like this forever, i couldnt sleep for the first few nights because i was scared but now i dont worry as much :D

I can't help you with a step by step guide as you won't need it.
I worried like hell before Eloise was born : how do I know what clothes to put her in, how many blankets at night etc etc
But when they are here, you just know! You will wake up in the night and think - 'i'll take a blanket off' its a bit warm' etc - your instincts will take over and most of the time common sense will do it for you anyway!

You'll be fine - try not to worry!!
:hug:

thanks you guys :hug: :hug: I know as well that the midwife will be able to help and also I can see what they reccommend at the hospital, I feel so unprepared!!!!

mammas instinct M, u will know exactly what Teej needs and god help anyone who butts in and tries to interfere lol!! :lol:

mummykay said:
mammas instinct M, u will know exactly what Teej needs and god help anyone who butts in and tries to interfere lol!! :lol:

:rotfl: I can think of two people with the same name that might - Mum and Mum!!!

Aww chicky - you'll be fine - I didn't sleep on the Sunday when L was born as I was frightened I would fall asleep and she would never wake up :cry: but I am better now, I even have her sleeping in the bedroom most nights from 8.30pm instead of only having her where I can see & hear her.

You'll know what to do with the blankets and stuff, it really is an instinct, if ever I'm worrie dif she's too hot or too cold I take her temp under her armpit - but have only actually done this twice, and both times she was fine so my instinct was right - you'll be fine (& a great mummy to your lil Teejy)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ahhh, thanks em, Libby is a lucky little princess as well!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back