My baby is shy

maldives

Reaction score
went for scans twice but couldn't see babies face. he was facing my back! TWICE! :roll:
I got upset coz i really wanted to see my baby face features but i wasn't lucky he was either shy or stubburn :|
is it normal for the baby to stay in a certain position for a long time?

Mine finds a comfy place and stays there. Depends during a scan, sometimes they oblige, other times not. I spent 20 minutes in one and s/he only turned to face us once, for about 20 seconds and the rest of the time was side view. You don't really see facial features per se anyways. We saw dark space of eyes, top lip and that was about it face on.

How many scans have you had now lol?

Oh poor you. I haven't had my 20 week scan yet so I'm not sure if babies like to do this, knowing my baby though it'll probably hide the whole time.

Is this your last scan?

Alex xxx

awww, nurse said my little one must be camera shy, every time she got the right angle he/she woud move away.
naughty considering im a childens photographer! lol.

Mine did that too! they always show the beast 20 week scans though so look forward to that instead!

maldives said:
went for scans twice but couldn't see babies face. he was facing my back! TWICE! :roll:
I got upset coz i really wanted to see my baby face features but i wasn't lucky he was either shy or stubburn :|
is it normal for the baby to stay in a certain position for a long time?

Mine had his hands over his face both times!!!

aw hun

mine is pretty stubborn too. At our 20 weeks scan she had her chin FIRMLY on her chest and wasn't budging for anyone. The sonographer really need edher to move so she could look at the neck and heart properly, but it was a nightmare. She had me drinking more, then peeing, then rolling this way and that, shaking my tummy with the scanner and NOTHING worked. In the end i literally had to jump up and down to shift her! lol

She wasn't best pleased either, as as soon as i got back on the table she started giving me almighty kicks every time the scanner pressed her. I think i'm in for some trouble when she is born! lol

tbh i lost count of the number of scans i did lool.
and no it surely is not my last i know im crazy spending alot in unnecessary scans but i cant help it.
any ways i'll be giving birth in london atm im living in a different country i dunno what my DR in london will say when she sees my file and the number of scans i had :rotfl:
if i knew it would harm my lo i wouldnt have done it btw :hug:

P.S _ when we did finally see her face from the front she looked a bit like skeletor anyway!! :rotfl:

I preferred the side view of the face - think the face on pictures are weird and a bit scarey!

My baby hasn't moved much i don't think as i always gets kicks in the same place - on the right side of my belly button!

Maybe it is just alittle shy - i wouldn't worry about it. Di dyour sonographer aask you to move positions or drink some coke? Mine asked me to do both as baby wasn't moving but the coke soon got the baby moving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back