My 21st.

saralou5

Reaction score
So it's my 21st a week on Thursday. I'm so thankful for my bab and I'm over the moon about the fact I'm going to have this gorgeous baby boy.
But after people asking me 'what are you gonna do for your 21st?' and saying 'it'll be a bit rubbish cause you can't celebrate in style or get drunk' I'm feeling a bit down about all my friends going out and celebrating their 21st's this year and me not being able to do a proper bash and being left out of theirs :(. I feel bad for feeling like this though! Because I'm so grateful for being able to have this baby but can't help but feel like I'm missing out. Plus money's tight as well so we can't even afford to do anything REALLY special.
Planned a meal out with mine and OH's family which is lovely but I can't help but still feel like I'm missing out :(.

Sorry for the rant ladies. Just needed an outlet.

Make a pregnancy ticker

A girl I used to be friends with was pregnant over her 21st bday, her then partner took her out for a nice meal and they went to the cinema.
She was perfectly happy with that tbh.

As the time comes closer you'll not feel so down about it. And the meal out with ur OH and his family sounds lovely - I bet you'll have a great time - and that matters more than getting rat arsed :)

Just think, you'll have a great time AND u won't be hungover the next day lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad honey, I felt exactly the same about my 30th. We planned a holiday & so we were away for my birthday, we had dinner & a cheeky champers. Going to have a 30+1 party next year instead, maybe you could have a 21+1 next year if you feel like you missed out.
Enjoy whatever you do, having a family dinner sounds fun!

sure u will enjoy ur day happy birthday x

You're not a bad person for feeling like that. My friend was pregnant on her 21st and said she stayed in all evening comfort eating because she felt crap about it too. So now she's had her baby, she said she's gonna celebrate in style on her 22nd!

I can understand how you're feeling (kind of). I'm 20 now and my son will be 7 months old when I turn 21. I'm breastfeeding, therefore I can't go out and get drunk for it.

All the sacrifices we have to make during pregnancy are totally worth it, honestly. You don't need money to enjoy yourself. When I felt down during my pregnancy, my OH would set up our dining room table and cook food for us and play some nice music to listen to. Cherish times like that while you can - because it's hard to snatch quiet moments once baby arrives!

Thankyou ladies :D. I actually feel much better about it! 21+1 is an excellent idea too :D. I don't think having all friends that are students helps either! Haha!
xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thankyou ladies :D. I actually feel much better about it! 21+1 is an excellent idea too :D. I don't think having all friends that are students helps either! Haha!
xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Also, another point is...

Fair point about not being able to go out and get wasted.
But when you go out and get wasted, you rarely remember the night, you either go home early cause your too pissed, or end up with your head down the bog sleeping on the bathroom floor lol. And waking up with a hangover.

Go for a meal, have some fake bubbly, and do something nice afterwards, get some pudding and go watch a film or something, at least you'll be able to remember it.
And if you're that bothered, have a girly night in with the girls instead! :)

There's so many good points to this haha! I just didn't think about them all! I think with all the Uni work and stress from that, I had a momentary spaz and went on a downer haha! Girly night would be good too, never even thought of that, chocolate and films and ice cream :D.
Oh lord, I really don't miss those days waking up on the bathroom floor! Bleurgh.

This has cheered me right up :D. YAY! :yay:

Make a pregnancy ticker

Girly nights a good excuse to eat all the crap you want, with a decent excuse.
Just blame it on the baby, I do ;)

hey,
A meal with OH and both families is great :) I went our for my 21st with friends (a few years ago) and actually didn't even enjoy it!lol Even when your friends turn 21 this year you can still go our for a few hours or all night if you can handle the pace :) Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you can go out and enjoy your a night with friends.
I say this because I have been organising my best friends hen do and I'll be 5 months by then but I won't be missing it because I'm pregnant. I'm totally looking forward to it actually :)
Have a great day whatever you decide :) x

I know how you feel its my 21st next month and feel exactly the same so instead the night before i am full on pamering myself, then going for a meal with mine and oh's family and then probably pictures, then will just make it up next year and make sure its a birthday to never forget xx

Pampering sounds good to :). Might even go treat myself and get a mani/pedi :D. To be honest, food's always a winner with me so meals are ideal at the mo aha! Yeah 21 again birthday party! :D.

Make a pregnancy ticker

i have the same problem as im turning 23 in a couple of weeks before baby will be heree .. me & my friends always make a big deal of each others birthdays and go out partying .. :roll:

as im pregnant im going to go for a wee spa day with my mum & a friend and then meet up with all my friends later and go for dinner and non alcoholic cocktails!! ideal day for my birthday when pregnant :) xx

I got pregnant the month after my 21st, and it was a relief in a way, as I knew I would be upset if I couldnt go out. I dont go out hardly ever but I wanted to go out for my 21st since I can remember! It was the last big night out I wanted before having a baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back