Feeling Guity

NikRobinson31

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site today but just wanted to see if anyone could give me any advise.

Does anyone feel guilty? Not about the baby, its over things. At the moment I feel guilty about my parents. I have been out all day today and yesterday with my sister and her 3. We have been out all day on both days and I'm naturally tired. Mum and Dad were due to come to mine for a coffee tonight but I was so exhausted that I asked them to give it a miss. Now I just feel really really guilty, they were fine about it but I can't help feeling bad. Does anyone else get like this??

yup constantly, especially guilty about my 3yr old daughter,im just 2 tired 2 do as much with her as i normally would : (

Yes mine is with my daughter to as we use to do loads of fun things together and we still do but not as much.. and i feel guilty when she asks me to do something with her and i just dont have the energy!

This is my first one so maybe that's why I feel like it towards my parents. I know they understand but it doesn't really help.

Guilt used to be the emotion that affected me the most, to the detriment of my health, it was that serious. I used to feel guilty about the smallest of things. Like last year I was house sitting for my 2 friends and I finished all there tea bags just before they arrived home, I felt seriously guilty about finishing their tea bags even though they told me to help myself to anything in the house and when they came home I kept apologising and they just thought it was daft that I was so concerned about it. The thing that helps me with guilt is seeing it from another persons point of view, and then reminding myself that even if I feel like I've let someone down they honestly don't see it that way. Or if you were your parents and your child was pregnant and too tired to see them for coffee would you be annoyed? You probaly wouldn't. So yeah thats what I do.

I know, I would be ok with it if it was my baby, its not like I have seen them four times this week, I guess its just the hormones. I think I was just so tired, I was very tearful last night but after a good night's rest I feel better about things. Thank you x

Guilt is a horrid thing - just like Pinky it does strange things with my head.

A good night sleep is always good medicine tho hun and I am glad you are feeling better. Those damn pregnancy hormones!! x

Thank you xx

One mintue I feel really happy and the next I get really tearful. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy and excited about the baby and so is my Hubby and its only been the last couple of weeks I have been like this, im sure ill be fine. Going shopping with Mum tomorrow so that will be nice.

Just noticed your baby girl is due on June 6th, my boy is due on June 4th (2 days after his daddy)!!

Sorry hun I missed your reply!

Pregnancy does strange things to us! How you feeling now? Did you have a good days shopping?

Wow our dates are close! We can't wait to meet our little princess! Only just found out the sex last week lol we waited ages!! xx

Hi , sorry I have had trouble getting on that's why its taken so long to reply!!!

How long have you waited for her?? I bet you're so excited.

We are, we can't wait. He's been moving non stop since Monday night, I don't think he ever sleeps!!!! He seems to know when his Daddy is about too.

Have you decided on any names yet?

Oh I know how you feel. Guilt affects me quite badly especially with my mum. I still feel guilty for moving out last june and constantly worry that I've made her unhappy, even though she is used to it now. I see her twice a week and if I don't see her on one of those days for some reason I feel terrible and get myself really down about it xx

I feel guilty because my 3 1/2 year old girl lives an hour away, with her dad, and I've got bad spd - it was triggered after an xmas of picking her up and being myself with her. So I told her dad yesterday that I'm going to need to spend more time visiting her than having her over at mine - I can't have her here while my partner is at work, because she needs lifting onto the loo, in and out the bath, and it is damned hard not to try and do what we usually do together :(

Guilt used to be the emotion that affected me the most, to the detriment of my health, it was that serious. I used to feel guilty about the smallest of things. Like last year I was house sitting for my 2 friends and I finished all there tea bags just before they arrived home, I felt seriously guilty about finishing their tea bags even though they told me to help myself to anything in the house and when they came home I kept apologising and they just thought it was daft that I was so concerned about it. The thing that helps me with guilt is seeing it from another persons point of view, and then reminding myself that even if I feel like I've let someone down they honestly don't see it that way. Or if you were your parents and your child was pregnant and too tired to see them for coffee would you be annoyed? You probaly wouldn't. So yeah thats what I do.

Wow that really sounds like something i would get guilty about! Why does that happen? xxx

Oh Emma, I felt the same when I moved out of home, but like you say they get used to it and so do we. We all have to make that move sooner or later. Im sure your Mum, likemine understands, infact Mum told me not to be so silly that she definately does understand so that made me feel lots better. Have you spoken to her about how you feel? she will probably just tell you the same thing!!!!

That must be awful for you purplehippy!! I hope you can sort things out with her dad, im sure he will understand!!

I really dont know Shauna, it must be all those horrid hormones!!! I feel guilty about the silliest of things! I feel lots better after telling Mum how i feel because she reasurred me. Im sure we will be the same when its ours!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back