Mw at hospital grr rant

nadine

Reaction score
Well today I went to hoz to tell them I'll be havin a vbac? After much humming n arring, anyway I stated that I want a vbac but want to be mobile n as natural as possible, snotty bitch was like u will have to be monitored n also a dripp etc I said I'll have what I want as it's my birth etc

I also wanted them to take notices that in my first labor I did brill n got to 9cm with out anything but then in my previous notes (which I've gone threw) it says reason for section was failure to progress n I just wanted it noted that if the same thing happens I'd want a section asap instead of waiting 4 hours like last time n were I n baby were in critical way, anyway she was just unpleasant trying to tell me what to do, I lost my temper n said I'll just have baby at home in bath if u keeps talkin nonsense.

It really irritates me that just cuz they deal with labor day in n day out they can't give u that patient care, If they can't be understanding it's time to change professions which is how i left it with her

Just hoping n praying I get a nice mw on the day, they seem to hate u havin knowledge. N knowing what u want, ho n did I mention my appointment was at 11am n I got seen at 1pm!!!!

Sorry for rant x

she sounds horrid! but go you for telling her where to go! totally agree though if they can't listen and help you choose a good plan of action they should change jobs! wishing you all the best for your vbac :) x

she sounds horrid! but go you for telling her where to go! totally agree though if they can't listen and help you choose a good plan of action they should change jobs! wishing you all the best for your vbac :) x

Thanks hun, just as I said hope n pray I have a nice one on D day

I can see me staying at home as long as poss n end up havin her here! I hate my Hozzy

Last time with ds they burnt all my belonging, keys clothes shoes every thing i had in my being
I had great joy in telling her this, to bk up my argument they are shit haha x

that sounds like my hozzy!
haven't met any of the mw's from labour ward yet, but have been told there are some right tyrants there!
i'm hoping i'll be able to cope with the pain long enough to stay at home for a good while too!
here's to all us women getting nice mw's for our births! x

:shock: burnt your stuff? why did they do that? No other hosptials you can change to that place sounds awful!

Thats the way to get through them seriously... if you be en nice to them they'll just ignore and act like nothing happen...why the hell they burn all you belonging, you should had sue them for that??

when I was at the hospital waiting to got seen...if my OH didnt get up every 10mins and say what they gotta see us would have waited for hours lol.. also there's poor lady was in well good agony pain and was waiting for 30mins...I was shocked when next one came and send her up within 10mins. some of them have attitude.. totally hate that

They burnt my clothes n keys n belongings coz apparently I was moved from pillow to post that much that they put all my stuff I went in with in a yellow bag which is meant for disposal, so after my emergency section at 8pm I asked for my stuff n they couldn't find it, at about 10pm a lady came to me n explained one of the cleaners must have seen the bag n put them to be destroyed, anyway it just topped of my trauma n in end they refunded me 200 pound via chq a month later, still not the point, I had to have my locks changed on door new trainers clothes keys the lot about 20 pound in money phone all burnt! X

I'll be well on the ball this time, I just hate having to feel like I'm going in to kick of just so I get a good level of care x if they mess up this time I will sue them x

How awful, why are some of these people in a caring profession?! I'm lucky that my midwife is nice but no guarantee who I'll get at the hospital - if she's a bitch then my friend who's a midwife has said (if she's not working) that she'll come up to hospital to act as a private midwife so I don't have to put up with any shit! I hope to god she's free on the day!

They should be glad that women are informing themselves and looking into their options - not trying to undermine us and force us to do anything that's not completely necessary! I would have been the same as you and just told her how you want it to be and leave it at that - fine if she wants to offer you info, but she has no idea how it will go so shouldn't be telling you how things will or will not happen - how does she know you'll have to be on a drip if you're having a natural birth?!

Best of luck - hopefully you'll get someone nicer on the day!
x

How awful, why are some of these people in a caring profession?! I'm lucky that my midwife is nice but no guarantee who I'll get at the hospital - if she's a bitch then my friend who's a midwife has said (if she's not working) that she'll come up to hospital to act as a private midwife so I don't have to put up with any shit! I hope to god she's free on the day!

They should be glad that women are informing themselves and looking into their options - not trying to undermine us and force us to do anything that's not completely necessary! I would have been the same as you and just told her how you want it to be and leave it at that - fine if she wants to offer you info, but she has no idea how it will go so shouldn't be telling you how things will or will not happen - how does she know you'll have to be on a drip if you're having a natural birth?!

Best of luck - hopefully you'll get someone nicer on the day!
x

Apparently it's standard procedure that coz I've had a previous section I'll have to be put on a drip n monitored n put on the labor ward apose to the nice labor suit, were things r relax n enjoyable, but i know that they can't TELL me to do anything as i can refuse but they make it out as u have no choice, just hope I get a nice mw on the day my community mw is lovely n I had her with my son age very understanding, but it's just a shame u don't get to choose at hospital x

Intact it's actually made me very nervous about having the vbac, n made me think I might of been better just going for a planned c section :( x

Omg you hospital sounds shit! Mine isn't much better mind! They look at you like shit and speak to you like a kid and like you said they hate it when you know a few things! I even said to my midwife about them and she said don't worry they won't be like that when your in labour! I just don't want to kick off with them though in case they make me go without pain relief on spite lol. Not looking forward to being in that hospital! Good on you for standing up for yourself... i need to try it. xxx

Omg you hospital sounds shit! Mine isn't much better mind! They look at you like shit and speak to you like a kid and like you said they hate it when you know a few things! I even said to my midwife about them and she said don't worry they won't be like that when your in labour! I just don't want to kick off with them though in case they make me go without pain relief on spite lol. Not looking forward to being in that hospital! Good on you for standing up for yourself... i need to try it. xxx

Aw Hun, they r rubbish at mine, well some of them some of them r really good. Just got too stay calm n aware of what's going on but it is a bit of a pain, would just be nice to kick bk n know that part if my care was going to be dealt with to the highest standard n then I could just concern my self with actual labor haha but these things r sent to try us, I can just see me leavin it to long at home n Gavin baby in car on way pmsl x

Yeah they act like they can't be arsed, if they can't its not really the job for them is it! Lol oh imagine having baby on way there... it will all work out. xxx

Well, it seems like no matter where you are there are horrible docs. Here in the U.S. they are quick to do a c-section. I'm planning on having a VBAC like I did with my last child. In my city there is only one doctor that let's you even attempt a VBAC. If he's not your doc your automatically scheduled for a c-section. You have no choice what so ever. The hospital says it's to much of a risk. I don't know how doing something your body was made to do is more risky that surgery, but what do I know. My baby was breech and just found out yesterday that he finally turned so I'm well on my way for the VBAC and I will hear nothing different unless my baby is in distress. Sometimes you've gotta put your foot down or people will walk all over you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back