Music concerts question

Lulabell

Reaction score
I'm guessing my gut instincts would be right but thought I'd double check with everyone else first.

I'd like to go to a music concert but it will be on the 20th of November when I'm just over 30 weeks pregnant. My instincts are telling me I shouldn't go as I wouldn't want to harm baby in anyway from loud noise etc.

What does everyone else think? Have you/would you go to a music concert at 30 weeks?

Thanks in advance.xx

I went to the theatre on Friday night (and it was a lot louder than expected) I found out my baby likes Kylie! lol
I'd be more worried about being pushed over or something to be honest!

It's not really that kinda concert lol. Darren hayes, erasure, matt cardle, the pierces, the feeling etc... I'd have a seated ticket. But I just worry at 30 weeks, I would be quite far along.

I'm going to a noisy Xmas do when I'll be 35 weeks PG. I'll have all my bags packed and with me in case my waters go on the dance floor. I think you'll be fine just take it easy. You won't get many chances to go out when LO is here so no harm in letting your hair down once or twice now :wink: Bubs is well insulated so don't fret about the noise. Actually sounds good can I come too :D

i think you'll be fine as long as you are seated and dont have to climb up loads of steps to your seat xx

Ha! If you can get to bournemouth for the 20th then more then welcome! LOL Tickets are only £17.50 too so its a right bargain!

U will be fine hunnie x I am going to theatre and 39 weeks lol

Don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I saw the pierces last week and they were GREAT! so enjoy! xx

I asked a similar question when I was last pregnant about loud music, and its fine. My baby was fine and even when I was induced he didn't want come out lol so just enjoy it x

Last edited:
I would go it wont do any harm just be careful for people bumping into you and things, know how busy these places can be xx

Im going to a concert in a couple of weeks time - its a country music star over from the states and had tickets ordered before i got BFP - but i cant bring myself to NOT go. Plus i reackon bubs is used to music now by the amount of dancing I do, and ive not seen advice about avoiding that kinda thing.

xxx

I think the music is ok - and if you have a seat you don't need to worry. I wanted to go see Erasure this month, but it is all standing tickets only and thought that was too risky. If there had been seats I would've gone. Have fun and enjoy! :)

Wow are there other Erasure fans here? I thought I was the only one. It was my dark guilty secret.

I'm going to a concert when I'm 27 weeks :) all standing too. If it gets to much I'll get the bar to get me a chair lol x

I read somewhere that its fine if its under a certain decibel...? Supposedly it can cause hearing problems? Although docs like to scare monger everyone nowadays! Xxx

I went to the take that concert 2/3 months ago, it was very noisy, noticed a few pregnant ppl there. Just try & go early so your not pushed about & leave a bit later.

:hug:

I'm going to see the red hot chili peppers when I'm 21 weeks pregnant so not as far gone as you, but we made sure we booked seated and I'll just be careful with crowds - OH will be being really protective though I think.

I'm looking forward to jelly bean getting to go to it's first concert!!

All booked! :) Quite excited! Its for my mum's birthday pressie so nice girlie night out!

Acts confirmed so far are:
The Overtones
Erasure
The Feeling
Matt Cardle
The Pierces
Darren Hayes
Reason 4

More acts to be confirmed! :)

I went to take that when i was 20 weeks and it was standing !! lo loved the music and was even dancing !!! only problem is I have SPD so was crippled after !!!! dont see a problem as your seated so go for it !!!! might b the last time for a while xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back