Playing music to bubs

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else was doing this directly? When I can't sleep I usually put my IPod on to try and distract me from thinking too much and bubs is generally awake all the time. I've been sharing the music a bit, putting one earbud to my tummy. I know he/she can hear muffled sounds that are happening all around outside but I was wondering if an earbud directly to my tummy would be too loud for bubs, and how do you know? I don't want him/her coming out with some sort of hearing problem because I'd been blasting music in there. I suppose if it's not too loud for me it shouldn't be too loud, or is it?

During my pregnancy with my lil lady I watched quite alot of Eastenders :lol: Even old ones and you know when she was born and up until she was a year old. Every time she heard the Eastenders theme she went bammy :rofl: She literally stopped and listened for the whole 30 seconds then went mad :lol:

:) Love it! My parrot loves the EastEnders music, and my folks have just figured out their budgies go mad when the theme tune comes on too. I fear this baby may be the same! So amazing how much they learn while their still in the womb!!

Oh she definitely recognised it :)

I'd find a really soothing piece of music and try it after lo is born to see will it soothe her/him :)

i used to play tibeten monesrty music to my dd she went spacky everytime the cymbols started on it lols im a great believer in playing music to bubs and talking outload to it alot as well although i dont have much of a bump yet and when i chat to it now everyone thinks im a bit nuts

I have a few classical pieces that I adore and could listen to for hours on end so maybe I'll pick one to subject bubs to. I've heard a lot about playing music to babes in the womb but no real life experiences. Thanks girls!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ours is gonna have a taste for The Prodigy, Lost Prophets and a whole lotta Muse. Not exactly calming!

Haha! How funny would that be if all your son/daughter would go to sleep to was 'Firestarter'! :rofl:

:lol: Firestarter is better than Eastenders theme :rofl:

Hehehe! I agree! Can you see it now? Pacing up and down nursery, baby in arms, singing...

"I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter...You're a firestarter, twisted firestarter!" :rofl:

I hope our new neighbours know what they've let themselves in for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back