Mums to be in Havant?

I know, the receptionists are terrible, its when u call for an appointment and they ask whats wrong, what the hell has it got to do with them, but when u phone and actually ask them for a bit of advice, they say, "No sorry, Im not qualified to help with that"... lol :wall2:
Siany1982

I just ring and ask if i can have a telephone appointment if i want advice, they still want to know what's wrong though.

None of them are ever as bad as the surgery i had in Portsmouth. I rang a week before i needed a repeat of the pill - can't do it over the phone, needs to be a fax (who has a fax machine these days??) or drop in a letter (they didn't open until after i'd left for work and closed before i got home as i worked in Chichester). Tried to make an appointment and got asked why, explained that my bp needed checking (it didn't but she was awkward) can't see a dr, must see the nurse but not until the day after i needed them. Went to see the nurse "i can't sign a prescription, only the dr can, it'll take a week but you're not on repeats anyway, so it'll take 2 weeks for dr to authorise and get you on the repeats list. Go to the family planning clinic at St Marys"

Go to the fpc, "we're not open in the afternoon and won't be open again for another 3 days. Havant is open tonight, go and see them" So i did that, get there, talk to her and she says "oh no, we don't keep that one here. I can give you something else, but it won't be effective for a week" I even offered to go to a chemist with a prescription, but they wouldn't give me that either. And they wonder why theres a high teenage pregnancy rate in Portsmouth??

Thats is terrible, they are all useless, I dont get why they cant do it over the phone, they say its because anyone can phone and ask for a repeat, but anyone can drop in a repeat prescription and anyone can pick up the prescription for u, so whats the point in all of it.....???? :wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2::wall2:
I went in to the sit and wait place a few months ago and there was a young boy, literally screaming the place down, he was in agony and all the receptionist did was huff and tutt about him, why couldnt they just go speak to a Dr and ask them to see him, I felt terrible for him, his dad was beside himself... Useless people...
Siany1982

They really are. We went to Petersfield walk in over my ear last week, no drs there, just nurses apparently. They were so keen to eat their lunch that they didn't make me fill out the paperwork as i'd just be a walk-in. Erm, its a walk-in clinic? She told me i'd ruptured the membrane of my ear and see my GP. She did spend a lot of time poking me in the head telling me she couldn't see anything in my ear. Saw my GP, nothing wrong except a little wax in my ear.

They really do need to get themselves sorted. Theres some drs who are fantastic, you just have to get past the snotty receptionist first!

Thats bad isnt it, they should know whats wrong by looking, not just make up a problem. I'll remember not to go to Petersfield then lol
Ive suffered with Asthma since the age of 7 and put in a prescription for my inhalers a few months ago, having it very mild and only living in Havant for a year, I hadnt had an inhaler prescription from the Havant surgery before, so I got a call from the RECEPTIONIST a week after I put the prescription in asking why I had put a prescription in for inhalers, so I obviously laughed, and said "Well I thought that would have been obvious, I have asthma and need a new inhaler" and she said "Do u have asthma then?"... lol I said "Errrr, yeah.." and she said I'll have to get the Dr to call u back... So he did and he also questioned why I wanted an inhaler, again I said because I have asthma, and he said how do I know I have asthma, it was laughable really lol
The outcome was he believed me and allowed me to have a new inhaler, but said I had to come in for regular asthma checks, and that they would send me a letter, I am still waiting for that letter... lol
Sorry Essay over lol
Siany PS Havent proof read so sorry if theres any mistakes... lol

I got a letter about how i have an appointment on Wed to review my asthma meds... they only gave me a new load 10 weeks ago :lol: they're rubbish! We should be allowed to book online!

I can get my repeats online but the last time I did that, I went in to pick up the prescription and one of the things werent even on there and when I asked about it, they said I hadnt put it in, err yes I did lol As for the asthma check ups, I was told recently, ur supposed to have a review every 6 months but in the 22 years Ive had asthma Ive never been in for one... lol
Siany

I've never had a review either! I've only ever had about 5 inhalers in nearly 15 years

Yeah Im the same, hardly ever use them... But apparently every Asthmatic is supposed to have reviews every 6 months or it may be yearly... They only ask how you're dealing with ur asthma and how u use ur inhalers etc... Waste of time really... lol
Siany1982

Yeah, cause surely if we had any problems, we'd contact them, (not that we'd get to see anyone lol)...
I can understand it for the asthmatics that have it really bad...
Siany1982

I normally only remember that i'm asthmatic when i have a cold/flu and it flares up a bit. Other than that, its never a problem. Surely for people who have it really badly, they go to the asthma clinic regularly anyway?

Yeah exactly lol... I also never really think about it, apart from if Ive been around smokers and also if I have colds/flu's..
Siany

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back