Mums of two or more kids

Rachel

Reaction score
When your second (or more) baby was born did you notice that they get ignored more than your first?

I know you still have to give the first plenty of attetion but my family give Kieran no attention at all and give Nathan loads. If I phone one of them up or they phone me they ask how Nathan is, but not Kieran. Nathan and Kieran both have a cold atm and they all ask how Nathan is but not Kieran :(

I feel sorry for Kieran, I know he dosen't really understand at the moment but it's not the point. If they're still like this when he's older he is going to think they don't care :(

I know it's not because Nathan is older and doing more stuff either because Nathan got loads of fuss even when he was a baby and not doing that much.

I have asked them more than once why they do it and they haven't really give me a answer. I even got a comment off one of them the other day saying that the firstborn is always the most important and you will always love them more than anyother kids you have later? That's bollocks, they're both equal to me.

Kieran is a lovely baby and will smile at anyone and is always happy and laughing and I just feel sorry for him getting ignored like this.

my inlaws have shown caden no affection whatsoever hun.my FIL has held caden once.my MIL about 4times for 5 minutes each.when i was pregnant they said they dont believe in having more than 1 child and when i had my sexing scan they were disappointed cos they told me they wanted another girl :wall: :wall: :wall: i wouldnt let it get to you honestly i wouldnt cos in years to come they are the ones who will have to explain to theyre grandchild why theyve been to***rs

both mine get treated equally - their grandparents are always buying them things, asking about them and giving cuddles.

I love my daughter so much she was my first child but with isaac here i love him just as much as i love my daughter i love them both the same there both special in there own way...

my family sometimes do it they try too hard to give my daughter atention that not only is her behaviour worse now as she is wanting attention of me all the time, but they dont give enogh to isaac and isaac may not notice but i do and i feel bad for him.

family are fine with both but i find that i tend to give emma more attention, dont get me wrong i love them both so much but its been just emma and me for so long that its hard to get used to having another and sharing me equally

all three of mine get treated the same from everyone.

i think its very sad that people are treating the youngest differently

All mine get equal from grandparents. Eg if my mum buys one a gift she will buy the others one too.
Maybe its cos they think he's too young to notice and will change as he gets older.

all mine get treated the same by all the family

I think it's the opposite way round here. Lydia sometimes gets left out because people seem too intent on fussing over Alex telling him how clever he is for standing up and so on.

Although when he was born, I noticed not as much fuss was made over him as it was when Lydia was born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back