Periods and BFing

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Rachel, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

I got my first period since having Kieran yesterday :| I wasn't expecting it all because I know most people don't get them while BFing. He's only 5 weeks tomorrow, didn't even get one with Nathan until 6 weeks and I was bottlefeeding then :|

Was hoping for another few period free months yet :wall:

Tampons just don't feel the same now either after having two kids, they feel weired and they hurt (sorry TMI)

Not happy :wall: :lol:

2. BabyMagic

BabyMagic Well-Known Member

Have you been exercising/ pushing yourself? Maybe it is still bleeding due to giving birth???

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's definately a period, my bleeding from giving birth had been really light since about 2 weeks after having him and I only needed a pantyliner but this is now bright red and really heavy :shock: Need to change my tampon every hour or two at the moment :|

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

I had the same when Galen was around that age.

And lo I got another one this morning :wall: And 2 spots! I've not had spots in almost a year because of being PG and then not having a period. But lo, 2 tiny spots on my chin this morning :roll:

The thing I am dreading though is the whole period thing with my bladder problem. It may end in tears :?