Mummys who make homemade babyfood

little*red

Reaction score
if you make up a few batches of food and then freeze them, what freezers trays do you use? do you use proper lidded weaning trays, which are sort of ridiculously expensive or do you just use cheapy normal ice cube trays? any good links would be much appreciated.

ive seen these ones:
http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/detail.php
and didnt think they were too bad price as the p&p is free.
My hv said its ok for me to start weaning Evie from 16 weeks as she has almost doubled her birth weight, so i want to start getting a blender and things ready to get started and then wait until she's ready to go, im so excited (lol im so sad :oops: ).

I just use normal ice cube trays then open freeze them overnight.
In the morning, I pop them all out of the trays and put them in to freezer bags.
I have got the JoJo Maman trays but, to be honest, normal ice cube trays are just as good and I got mine from Woolies for £1 each!
Lucyx

Thanks Lucy i was thinking about just buying normal ice cibe trays but wasnt too sure about putting the food in the freezer uncovered :think:

in tesco last night we bought little lided pots 6 for a pound havent tried them yet but worth a look :cheer:

I use normal ice cube trays and just cover them with a freezer bag while they freeze. They were 2 for a £1 in woolies.

Tesco do really good rubber ice cube trays about 90p each i think when i got them

I use the little pots or just plain old freezer bags......

I bought the special Annabel KArmel ones and they're crap.

The lids fall off and they're too big for first portions

I'd use ice-cube trays in future :D

sam96031 said:
in tesco last night we bought little lided pots 6 for a pound havent tried them yet but worth a look :cheer:

I bought these and they are fantastic, my only beef with them is the lids dont stay on securely for transport so I have to wrap it in clingfilm if I'm going anywhere.
I have used the Jojo ones and they are brilliant for first food but now Rowan is older I'm having to use 4-5 of the pots in one go so find the larger ones from Tesco better as one will quite happily feed him.

I used normal ice-cube trays - perfect. Even then for early weaning portion sizes I only made half a cube.

LBxx

My SIL uses rubber ones and says there fab and food pops out easier

i bought little lidded pots from wilkinsons suitable for freezer dishwasher and microwave they are really cheap and then i noticed them in pound shop too 4 pack for a pound :D but i will probably use ice cube trays for when hes first weaning as they are just the right size :D xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back