• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mummy2adam & Bella2

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Because we are kinda all in the same boat, i was just wondering howyou guys are feeling about January ttc?

I have been really excited about it, but today i have just been thinkig that both me and OH are putting alot of pressure on ourselves, since we got pregnant first month i feel my OH is very sure that it is going to happen first time this time. feel pretty bad as i know some people try for ages but i'm just worried about the effect it is going to have on us both if it dosnt happen?

Feel like alot of the hope and positive attitude i have managed to muster since the MMC has been based on falling pregnant again pretty quickly.

Just wondering how you guys are feeling about it? should i give myself a slap and tell myself to stop being so daft?

xxx

(hope ihave posted this in the right place, hopefully it will be moved if i havnt)

Last edited:
Hi Nurse

Ooohhh we have our very own thread (now the childish moment is over, back to why the thread was created :) )

Im feeling really excited too, i kind of like the thought of a christmas baby even though a January bfp would be nice, so we are going to take the relaxed approached like we did with Adam and my last pg (both concieved first cycle)

Im off to the docs this afternoon to discuss folic acid ect, so i will let you know how i get on.
x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww sounds like you have the right approch M2A. I'm just finding it a bit difficult to relax at the moment and think i'm expecting too much.

As for folic acid i didnt take it while ttc last time as it all happened so quickly but took it as soon as i found out, taking my 400mg everyday now tho. not bothering with any other vits as consultant told me i don't need them

Will look forward to hearing how you get on!

Got to the docs abit early so i thought id reply.

:hugs: try not to be too hard on yourself hunny, i know its hard but being uptight and expecting it to happen straight away can push it further away and really stress you and your OH out.
I really want to enjoy being intermate with my OH and it not just being about ttc.
The doctor is going to call me any min so ive got to go. Ill be back on in abit x x

You are right hun, just have to relax and enjoy the ttc process as we did last time because it clearly worked last time, just hope we are as lucky this time. My oh is very relaxed about it as he is about everything, just don't want to disappoint him I guess.

Just found out last night someone else I know is expecting, think there's something in the water at the moment, its getting a bit easier to hear about other peoples pregnancies now, which is a good thing.

I'm thinking a christmas baby would be nice too, which would give us a few months to get it right, yay

Went the docs, she said that i can stay on the normal amount of folic acid :yay:
She also told me not to waste money on pregnicare, she said they are a waste of time and to just take normal folic acid like i did with Adam, so im going to finish what i have left and just go and buy asda's own folic acid. Also advised to continue eating healthy(which i do anyway)
In regards to the trying bit she advised to take a relaxed approach when we are ready, as stress can stop things happening. So all round good appointment even though some of it was what i knew already :)

:yay: for a christmas baby :) x x

I hope you girls get your BFP's soon!!!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Miss you guys!

x

Hey Girlies

Sorry only just seen this thread I am such a slow coach.....:lol:

sorry to hear you feeling stressed nurse26, I went through a period of that a couple of weeks ago, feeling like I desperately wanted to fall pregnant ASAP, and felt like everyone around me was announcing theirs. Since I made my mind up and decided to wait till Jan before TTC I've felt a lot more chilled out about things. Was driving myself nuts googling and reading up on stuff so have tried to take time out to keep myself busy with other things (watching daft videos on youtube lol)

I agree with M2A the relaxed approach is the way to go, maybe spice things up a bit by treating yourself to some nice undies so when you BD it's not just about "getting pregnant" it's also a fun thing too which I think will take some of the pressure off.

That's good news M2A what the doc said, I have only ever just taken folic acid and was debating getting the pregnacare care too but I think I shall save my money now!

p.s thanks girlies for being so fab x x x

Google is EVIL! i searched and searched for why my miscarrage happened and convinced myself i had all sorts of things wrong with me or OH! it very hard to accept that yuo are just unlucky, i'm a bit more chilled now tho :)

Thanks Bella2 think i will take your suggestion and get some nice treats for OH :) We had great fun with the process last time and i'm determined to do the same this tiime.

You guys have been great thanks. x

Oh I agree google is evil!! :mad: OH ended up shouting at me to "Stop reading negative crap!!" lol

You're welcome hon enjoy the sexy time :bum:;) x x

I agree google is definetly evil :(
Some things can be really helpful but more often they are not!
Ive made a promise to my OH this morning, no more searching on the internet for things also to spend a little bit less time on here (i am abit of an addict, im always logged in!)

Hope your feeling better today nurse26 :hugs:

I off out shopping now and then taking Adam for a haircut (not looking forward to it!) as we have a christmas party tomorrow.

Hope your both having a lovely day x x

Hi Girls lots of baby dust to you. OMG keep away from google honestly I wish it was never made! I have literally made myself worry myself onto medication because of it. Ohhh I just have a look, its never good new just info info info that you didnt need to know. Ladies of the 60's did just fine without it!!

xx

sounds like good idea M2A we need to spend more time googling nice things (such as clothes & shoes yay!) I'm just as addicted to this board lol thought I'd have a quick peek on here but xfactors now starting so going to log off in a min! Hope you had a good day and got on okay getting Adam's haircut.

Totally in agreement Applecider - was only chatting to my mum this morning about how they didn't even have scans when she had me & my brother let alone all the other wealth of info we have now - like they say ignorance is bliss x x

sounds like good idea M2A we need to spend more time googling nice things (such as clothes & shoes yay!) I'm just as addicted to this board lol thought I'd have a quick peek on here but xfactors now starting so going to log off in a min! Hope you had a good day and got on okay getting Adam's haircut.

Totally in agreement Applecider - was only chatting to my mum this morning about how they didn't even have scans when she had me & my brother let alone all the other wealth of info we have now - like they say ignorance is bliss x x

Definetly in agreement with the clothes and shoes comment hunny, dont forget handbags :)

Adams haircut went well :shock: he was a real good boy, so he got treated to a mcdonalds for his tea :)

Its xfactor and food time so im logging off in a minute too x x

Oooh handbags how could I forget!! Aww Adam sounds a real cutie :) enjoy yer din dins and xfactor x x

Morning ladies,

How are you both?
How horrible is this weather! I dont mind it if i can stay in and watch it through the window but was hoping to go food shopping today and last minute shopping for bits i have forgot tomorrow but i dont think ill be doing either!
Have you got anything planned for this weekend? x x

Hey Girlies! Well we haven't had much snow here yet in the south east although when I got in my car this morn it was -7!!! The door had frozen shut! Am working 9am-1pm today then meeting a friend for lunch. Then tonight staying in the warm with OH, gonna get a takeaway and watch the final of strictly :dancing: Don't blame you for staying in M2A, the supermarkets are going to be a nightmare today I imagine!! :wall:x x x

Heres a pic of our horrible snow!!
52848b1a-86ee-d6de.jpg

I just want it to go away! x x

Oh wow! Pretty heavy - we had it like this a couple of weeks ago. I have to say though I love it - I'm a big kid and crossing my fingers it will snow xmas day.... x x

I love it when i can stay in doors but ive just got so much to do! Especially with not being well the last few days :(
OH mum has offered to have Adam this afternoon so we can go out and my nans offered to have Adam in the morning to save dragging him around in the cold so im thinking Marks and Spencers, Asda and Iceland today then Liverpool One tomorrow, OH can drive though!
Are you going anywhere nice for lunch? x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back