• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Having a down day

Def push your doc lisey!
If you keep pushing im sure they will refer you? You deserve that after what you have been through, why should have to suffer one more time before they will listen and why should you have to privately you pay taxes dont you?
That was my argument. Just dont take no for answer!

You will get up and down days, I remember the first two weeks after my 2nd MC, I was literally just a mess. I needed that time , just to cry and hide myself away like you say. Just until I had kind of got through the thick dark cloud and it had slightly lifted. I was on here 24 7 just seeking the support to make me feel strong enough.

Now you see me back to my normal self - on the outside no would know, but inside I still grieve.
My due date of my 2nc MC is tomorrow. So a painful time. On my 1st MC it took me for the due date to pass before internally i let go and could get another BFP . So im hoping the same will happen this time, even though I hoped it would nt take so long this time, but alas it has. Some people like me , it just takes a long time to get over, you just need to take as long as you need.

My advice to you would be to buy a good fertility book, read that and the advice, follow a pre conception diet, to get your body in tip top condition while you are chilling out and recovering , take lots of vits recommended and get tests done.
Good luck sweetheart xxx

Last edited:
Thanks for all the adivce on tests available and routes to take, I am pretty sure they wont refer me as I am not considered as having recurrant miscarriages yet and cos I am under 30? is there any chance of being referred do you think? I think its terrible that we are left to suffer just cos of funding and money etc...

Corrinne, is there a book you can recommend?

And anyone recommend vits? I have been reading loads and there seem to be so many different types of vits you can take for all diff reasons, i have read about royal jelly having lots of benefits? anyone familiar with this at all?

We are having some months off from TTC which I think and feel is for the best but its also so hard to know we wont be trying if you know what I mean...

xx

Thinking of you - I know exactly how you feel because after my second miscarriage i just felt like there was no hope, i hated the fact that my dr wouldnt do any investigations until i'd had a third loss which i just thought was a stupid rule. However, i fell pregnant 2 months after my 2nd miscarriage and i'm now 27 weeks and all seems well - dont lose hope, it will happen eventually xx

Thinking of you - I know exactly how you feel because after my second miscarriage i just felt like there was no hope, i hated the fact that my dr wouldnt do any investigations until i'd had a third loss which i just thought was a stupid rule. However, i fell pregnant 2 months after my 2nd miscarriage and i'm now 27 weeks and all seems well - dont lose hope, it will happen eventually xx

Thanks so much for posting, gives me hope :) and congrats xx

I have been taking royal jelly as I have an elevated fsh level (as well as a chromosome translocation). Royal jelly is supposed to help with egg quality; I take 1500 mg a day from holland&barratts. Not sure how helpful royal jelly would be if you didn't have elevated fsh levels though. How long have you been trying for a baby hun? Cos if u tell the dr you've been trying for a year at least he would give you 21 day bloods, day 2-5 bloods and maybe refer you for a pelvic ultrasound which could rule out any hormonal problems associated with your losses or issues with your womb x

I have been taking royal jelly as I have an elevated fsh level (as well as a chromosome translocation). Royal jelly is supposed to help with egg quality; I take 1500 mg a day from holland&barratts. Not sure how helpful royal jelly would be if you didn't have elevated fsh levels though. How long have you been trying for a baby hun? Cos if u tell the dr you've been trying for a year at least he would give you 21 day bloods, day 2-5 bloods and maybe refer you for a pelvic ultrasound which could rule out any hormonal problems associated with your losses or issues with your womb x

Hiya,

We have been trying a bit under a year and have been pregnant twice so I dont think they will be concerned, its so frustrating!! :wall2:
When I had my scan after last miscarriage she said my ovaries and womb looked fine and the lining of womb v good too...I dont know how relevant it is as she wasnt looking for problems, she was just checking that all was as it should be after MC.
It just feels like there is no help available unless we pay and its super expensive! I wonder if royal jelly is worth trying or not? I guess it cant do any harm? As it will be a few months before we try again, it gives us both a good opportunity to take supplements and get in tip top condition xx

Deffo royal jelly can't harm at all and I'd start it now to get all the good stuff in your body.
In all honesty, my gp wouldn't take me seriously after 3 losses and I only ended up getting referred cos I just said I'd been trying for a year, then once I went to the fertility clinic (after the 4th loss) I explained my history. The tests for infertility and rmc are quite similar I think; the only difference being the karyotyping I believe.
Good luck hun, I really understand your frustrations and need for a reason, however most of the time it just is "luck" :hugs: I can't have children naturally because of my chromosome translocation, but it still feels a relief to know what the problem is.
I would def take the supps and get your body in best condition in the next few months, and if you wanted to get a referral from gp just down to ttc for a year and see what happens :)

Deffo royal jelly can't harm at all and I'd start it now to get all the good stuff in your body.
In all honesty, my gp wouldn't take me seriously after 3 losses and I only ended up getting referred cos I just said I'd been trying for a year, then once I went to the fertility clinic (after the 4th loss) I explained my history. The tests for infertility and rmc are quite similar I think; the only difference being the karyotyping I believe.
Good luck hun, I really understand your frustrations and need for a reason, however most of the time it just is "luck" :hugs: I can't have children naturally because of my chromosome translocation, but it still feels a relief to know what the problem is.
I would def take the supps and get your body in best condition in the next few months, and if you wanted to get a referral from gp just down to ttc for a year and see what happens :)

Thanks so much for your lovely message, its so nice to have the support and kindness of people on here. I agree, its better to know the reason why these things are happening. I just have to hope that it is just a chance thing that its happened twice.
I wish you loads of luck in your journey too xx

I just have to hope too Lisey, that is a chance thing that just happened, just unlucky!!
Some say that it is like the roll of the dice.
So heartbreaking though.

Some books I have looked at are Zita West Fertility some good info in there, I have just started reading the baby making bible, where she describes different fertility types and things to do for your type. I have also just ordered The Fertility diet, as she boasts that it lessens the chances of mc if you follow.

xx

Oh also the vits I was recommended and what I take is - A good multi vitamin and mineral supplement plus folic acid, plus additional
Vit C , Vit E, Zinc (high strength of atleast 25mg) , omega 3 high quality fish oil, EPO first half cycle, plus baby aspirin 2nd half cycle.
yes I rattle!!
OH also takes the same (except EPO and aspirin)

I have also made changes to my diet,e.g porridge and millet flakes for breakfast, with pumpkin seeds and linseed.
just plenty of fresh fuit and veg, grains, seeds and nuts, protein from beans etc.

I am also having monthly reflexology and acupuncture.

You've been given some great advice, try to relax and give yourself time to heal.

I had 2 miscarriages for no obvious reason, I'd had a healthy son before so the doctor kept reassuring me that it was just bad luck, I was convinved he was wrong. When I got pregnant again, I was expecting it to end and then I could march into the doctors and demand tests etc.

Well I'm typing this with my gorgeous 8 week old baby beside me! So I guess sometimes it is just bad luck.

Good luck, i'm sure your sticky bean will come xx

You've been given some great advice, try to relax and give yourself time to heal.

I had 2 miscarriages for no obvious reason, I'd had a healthy son before so the doctor kept reassuring me that it was just bad luck, I was convinved he was wrong. When I got pregnant again, I was expecting it to end and then I could march into the doctors and demand tests etc.

Well I'm typing this with my gorgeous 8 week old baby beside me! So I guess sometimes it is just bad luck.

I'm feeling exactly like that right now and I'm in a similar situation 2 live births followed with 2 MCs with in 6 months. I'm hoping this time will be different but part of me can't help thinking that it won't be but "at least I'll get those tests no questions asked."

I watched born every minute today and a mid-wife said the bravest women she has are the ones that lose babies at any stage of pregnancy but they just keep trying.

I just have to hope too Lisey, that is a chance thing that just happened, just unlucky!!
Some say that it is like the roll of the dice.
So heartbreaking though.

Some books I have looked at are Zita West Fertility some good info in there, I have just started reading the baby making bible, where she describes different fertility types and things to do for your type. I have also just ordered The Fertility diet, as she boasts that it lessens the chances of mc if you follow.

xx

Oh also the vits I was recommended and what I take is - A good multi vitamin and mineral supplement plus folic acid, plus additional
Vit C , Vit E, Zinc (high strength of atleast 25mg) , omega 3 high quality fish oil, EPO first half cycle, plus baby aspirin 2nd half cycle.
yes I rattle!!
OH also takes the same (except EPO and aspirin)

I have also made changes to my diet,e.g porridge and millet flakes for breakfast, with pumpkin seeds and linseed.
just plenty of fresh fuit and veg, grains, seeds and nuts, protein from beans etc.

I am also having monthly reflexology and acupuncture.

Thanks for all the tips and info, I am definately going to get a book and get some of the supplements you recommend.
All we can do is hope, lets hope we are holding our healthy babies very soon xx

Thanks for this, its positive stories like this that give me hope and make me feel better. I really appreciate it, I am giving myself time and trying to relax my brain a bit (trying).

I am so glad that you have your healthy bubs, congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back