Mummies of boys - Willy question....

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
My MIL asked me if the Dr checked Sid's foreskin at his 6 wk check and TBH I know he checked he had 2 little plums but I dont know it he looked at his tail :shrug:

She said that OH's had been very tight and she'd had to do something (I didnt ask) to encourage it to loosen. He's not been circumcised so it must have been ok in the end. She said both her brothers had to be done because theirs were very tight.

After that I decided to have a look and it's very tight but TBH I'm not keen on messing too much and it's that tiny maybe it's supposed to be like that for now? He's got a hole to pee from and that's all he needs so I'm not sure I should be doing anything.....

Any advice from mummies of boys appreciated :)

I don't think either of mine had theirs checked - I think it must change a lot as they grow... mine both just have the smallest possible hole at the end now so I think that's how they're supposed to be when they're young

That's what I thought. I would be gutted if he needed cutting :(

I don't remember Jack ever having his checked.
I think as long as he is peeing ok and not in any pain it should be ok, if there is some kind of tightness problem, I don't think it will present it self until he is a bit older

AJ never had his checked. Same as what Jo said as long as Sid is peeing ok and not in pain, all should be ok. x

I think they only check if they got infection or pain when they wee maybe?
i heard this from a friend recently because of the same problem and she said No way are they messing around with her boys lol.
Although how am i going to cope if i have a boy and has the same problem because i dont know what to do lol x

They checked Odhráns the day we were getting discharged and when the HV came out for the first time.. I know she told me not to try and pull it back though (not that I would lol).. I would ask my doctor or MW next time you're there.. And like the others said if he's peeing and not in pain I wouldn't worry too much xx

The Doc in the hospital checked Decs at his discharge check, then the midwife checked it on her last visit, then my Doc checked it at his 6 weeks check !!!! lol Same as the other girls have alreday said as long as he isnt in pain and is peeing ok then its fine xx

I think about 30 years ago they used to try and encourage them to loosen if the seemed overly tight but now they have realised that the majority of them grow with the rest of it and its best to leave well alone! Think its just one of those things to keep and eye on but will probably be fine! xxx

I think about 30 years ago they used to try and encourage them to loosen if the seemed overly tight but now they have realised that the majority of them grow with the rest of it and its best to leave well alone! Think its just one of those things to keep and eye on but will probably be fine! xxx

that makes sense as OH is 38 so it will be something that they did then but dont now :)

Jack never had his checked, that makes sense, they use to interfere in way too much that nature would happily sort it's self

My little boy is almost 3yrs and has never had his checked! He was checked over initially to make sure he had 2 testis, but as far as I am aware nobody has ever checked his foreskin. I was concerned a few months ago as to when you should pull the foreskin back to clean (as nobody seems to talk about this!) and from what I have read, its a major no no until they are about 5yrs and able to do it themselves as it can damage the penis.x

Jacob needs to be cut but as long as he stays free from infection, they want to leave it until he is two. They said its for asthetic (sp?) reasons. His willy balloons when he pees and he has to push it out.

Lucas' foreskin is even worse and i suspect he will need to be chopped too. OH is cut, and so are all his male cousins on his dads side, as well as his dad. I think its a family trait.

Try and catch him having a pee and if the willy balloons then i would certainly get it looked at xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back