mucus plug.

Baby&i

Reaction score
OK IM REALLY SCARED. I just went for a wee and think i lost my plug :( is this bad? it shouldnt happen yet right???
it was clear and really sticky like a lump of jelly and if i strecthed it it would ping back into a ball. i showed my OH and he was really grosed out but i wiped four times and it was on each peice of tissue. there was no blood in it but i never seen anything like it before with my first i was induced so i never got one untill last miute what shall i do??? :pray:

Hun did you keep it!? I would call the hospital asap! Is it definitely the plug? Could it not just be a pile of mucus? (sounds lovely!)

i didnt keep it i was too grosed out. OH saw it though it was clear and gooey i dont know what to do with myself right now!! what would u do? i dont want to bug the midwife again i hate call her! i mnust be so annoying.

Wait till morning see if you get anymore, if you do keep it, the plug can and does rebuild its self but just give your midwife a ring in the moring. Obviously if it starts coming out in big chunks tonight phone MW / Labour suit.

:hug:

Me? I would go to the hospital hun! Or call the midwife! I dont care about bugging them! If this is the plug then you could go into labour! You really need to be checked out! I have never lost nor known someone to lose it this early but I wouldnt wait hun seriously! All I have read tells me that if you lose the plug before your full term to go see someone asap! :hug: :hug: :hug: It definitely worth checking! Even if they tell you it was something else!! :hug: :hug:

LilysMummy said:
Wait till morning see if you get anymore, if you do keep it, the plug can and does rebuild its self but just give your midwife a ring in the moring. Obviously if it starts coming out in big chunks tonight phone MW / Labour suit.

Shes in canada so its still daytime there!

phone your midwife, dont worry about bugging them its there job.

Just check everything is ok, could be something, could be nothing

Personally, I would have gone to the hospital as it is only a 5 min drive from my house. If you are far from a hospital, call your midwife for advice.

They would rather deal with a false alarm than risk your baby :hug: My plug went weeks before I went in to labour and the same goes for a lot of people I was in 3rd tri with. But you don't want to go into labour in weeks so you should get checked out. The pinging sounds like plug - to me it seemed like a slug :puke:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd call the midwife so you can just be checked over and make sure everything is all okay.

However, if there was no blood (and it wasn't tinged with blood at all) I'd be inclined to think it is probably mucous. I mentioned to my midwife that I had quite a lot of discharge (far too much information! :oops: ) - at times I just feel very wet :oops: and other times when I wipe there is a lot of mucous. Sometimes it is like the very fertile stuff you get when ovulating, very stretchy and elastic. Other times a bit sticky and hardern like when glue is drying and goes a bit tacky.

Midwife said it was all very normal and nothing to worry about, just wear a panty liner!

I hope that might have helped a bit as I am very embarrassed now!! However, if you have any concerns I would always have a chat with your midwife or pop down to the doctors if you are worried at all. :hug:

i thought this happened to me, but i actually realised it was OH's 'leftovers'

i would maybe wait and see how things go, but if you are worried then no harm in giving someone a call

Thanks girls, im so hot and flustered my OH called the MW for me and i spoke to her she said it deffo sounds like it it was like a big ball of clear jelly that was very thick, sticky and stringy :oops: im sooo embarresed. she didnt sound too impressed but said call back if i get any cramping blood or gush of water. im so creeped out! it was deffinately not just discharge though :roll: Ps star, iv been totaly off sex and not had sex for about 4days :oops:

lea m said:
LilysMummy said:

I knew that :fib: :fib: :doh:

Just ignore me then

LilysMummy said:
lea m said:
LilysMummy said:

I knew that :fib: :fib: :doh:

Just ignore me then
Hee hee I forgot too sometimes!

Im glad you spoke to the mw hun! :hug: Im sorry she sounded unimpressed!? I would have thought she would have wanted to see you!? :pray: :pray: Nothing else comes of it and it just rebuilds itself!! :pray: :pray:

sometimes i didnt get it for a few days either tho.

hope everything stays quiet with bubs

i was just really shocked i never seen anything like it before :? im just glad she wasnt too concerned it calmed me down a little but i promised id call if any pains came

aww hun sounds scary, as long as theres no pain or anything i wouldnt worry as others have said it does rebuild its self over time :hug:

ok, a quick update, it is currently 11.30pm baby is moving around in there like crazy, i have had a few twinges, but nothing to worrying appart from that im still loosing my plug little by little :( i took a picture of my last loss just incase my midwife wants to take a look, but id be way too embarresed to post it. im still worried and not too sure what to do right now.. :?

Personally I'd contact your maternity unit or whatever it is you have there and see if they want you to come in and be checked over. Losing your plug early does not mean labour is imminent but there may be a problem they need to keep an eye on. They may give you an internal to see if anything is happening to your cervix.

Your plug can replace itself so if nothing is going on then it should reform.

Also the twinges you experienced could be nothing connected with it happening and simply be stretching pains etc.

hi hun i would contact someone just to be checked and make sure there is no infection or anything just to put your mind at rest :hug:

hi hun, quite a few times i get alot of gooey stuff..

but its generally clear, and i've read you get all sorts of discharge so havent been worried as i know junior is fine..

if your worried ring M/W or go hospital, i'm sure everythings ok tho... xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back