MRSA

nicola0531

Reaction score
My sister is 30 weeks pregnant and been told she has MRSA which was caught through and open wound on her toe where she had an ingrown toenail, this must be cleared before 36 weeks before she can be let in hospital to have the baby anyone know much about this?

you can get cream to apply to the wound to get rid of the infection. they could admit her but she would be isolated as a precaution.
have they swabbed the rest of her? if shes posiitve elsewhere she needs to wash in a special soap too.

she is to be swabbed all over her body tomoro to see where it is she is so worked up it will be passed to her baby now or even after through a vaginal birth

My dad had it when I was pregnant with Nathan and he had like a cream that went up his nose and a wash that he had to use in the shower and he was clear in a few weeks. He never had no problems in hospital though. He was admitted cos they thought he had meningitis and kept in isolation but when they found out he had MRSA he was just put on a normal ward :? We were all surprised at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back