consultant appointment

Leanne&Bump

Reaction score
I went to see my consultant on monday to talk about 'mode of delivery' she agrees that i should try for my vbac and she thinks ive got a very good chance of having a natural delivery :dance: We have both agreed that i should not be induced with drugs if i go past my due date so im going to leave it 10 days and see if anything happens if not then im going to be having my c.section on April 1st!

I have to have mrsa swabs taken at 36 weeks just incase im a carrier
eusa_think.gif
She said these have to be done just incase i do have it and they will treat it from there (i think this is because ive had a previous c.section and im more at risk of carrying it)... Also she mentioned a vaginal examination around 39/40 weeks to see what my cervix is doing and if its favorable she will give me a sweep.

I hope this baby behaves and comes before +10 days!

Last edited:
woohoo thats class!!!! :D glad your gettin vbac!! a lot of people that have sections dont want to try vaginal delivery lol xxx

I hope it all goes to plan hun. My friend had a vbac and she said it was easier then a section xx

dont say that toonlass!!!! im shitting myself!!!! xxx

Bless you :hug: I think she just found the recovery easier, not the actual birth. She was dead against a section and i think it emotionally took it out of her, it was an emergency c section and she didn't get a chance to come to terms with it. You'll be fine hun xx

a lot of people say an emergency section and planned section are totally different hopf ill be back hhere in 2 weeks to tell you it was a doddle!! :S xxx

Sounds like it went well :) Hope you get your vbac xx

Thanks everyone!

Lisa - My emergency c.section wasnt too bad and my recovery was pretty quick tbh! So you will be fine :)

thanks leanne!! its gr8 to hear a good verdict!!!! :D going to consultant to finalise everything today - im gonna put on the waterworks and beg her to do it friday or monday haha only a few days diff but worth a try... i really do feel like my childs head is going to pop into my boob!! :D xx

thanks leanne!! its gr8 to hear a good verdict!!!! :D going to consultant to finalise everything today - im gonna put on the waterworks and beg her to do it friday or monday haha only a few days diff but worth a try... i really do feel like my childs head is going to pop into my boob!! :D xx

Good luck for today and my fingers are crossed that they will move it forward a few days for you :)

Congrats - Im going for a VBAC too - hope he comes in time for you :)

vaginal birth after cesarian = VBAC

You been to the consultant yet chick? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back