Moving?!?!?!

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a agood weekend.

I moved from one end of London to the other last week and now I am confused about what to do over my antenatal care. How do I switch to another team of midwives/ hospital? Will I need to register with another GP to get all of this started?

Alex x

Hiya]

Yes u probably will need to register with another practice and they will get the changes happening. U should have your notes anyway so u won't need another booking appointment.

My clinic isn't the one I am supposed to be at but I only live 10 minutes away and I've been there since I was a kid so they have no problems with me staying there - but London is bigger :lol:

Yes, you have to register with a new GP in your new area. They will then contact your previous GP and have your medical history sent to them.

Tell them you are also PG, how far along and ask to register with whatever MW is there and go see her ASAP so as to get to know her and also to find out if the new district does things differently.

Chances are it'll also mean a change of hospital for ante-natal and giving birth, but you can request to go outside of your district if you wish, but be prepared its at your cost and time etc if they don't offer all the services of your area. I opted to do this and therefore lost out on Nuchal scan and bloods at 12 weeks. I had to then go private for that test.

I moved 3 times whilst pregnant with James and it didn't really cause any problems. I did miss a few antenatal appoitment but that was cos I moved from south east england to the sputh west and they did them at different times.
Your new midwife will just take over where the old one left off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back