Less movement

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the last couple of days I haven't felt baby move as much as usual in the stomach area, especially in the evening. Could it be something to do with things moving upwards? I've got an anterior high placenta so wondered if the kicks I used to feel lower down in my stomach are now happening further up but I can't feel them because of the placenta IYKWIM?

I checked all was ok with my doppler and heartbeat is present and strong. I'm also still getting the 'cervix trampoline' movement, just not the obvious sotmach kicks.

Any advice appreciated!

L xxx

I would definitely contact your Midwife out Maternity Hospital and just get checked out to put your mind at rest. I'm sure all is fine if you have checked with your Doppler and the baby probably is just kicking the placenta so you don't feel it as much.

Let us know how you go on :hug:

If you've found a heartbeat with the doppler I'm sure everythings fine, but I'd still definately mention it to your midwife. You can't take chances with these things :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisamj said:
Hi all,

Over the last couple of days I haven't felt baby move as much as usual in the stomach area, especially in the evening. Could it be something to do with things moving upwards? I've got an anterior high placenta so wondered if the kicks I used to feel lower down in my stomach are now happening further up but I can't feel them because of the placenta IYKWIM?

I checked all was ok with my doppler and heartbeat is present and strong. I'm also still getting the 'cervix trampoline' movement, just not the obvious sotmach kicks.

Any advice appreciated!

L xxx

Hi

You are currently describing exactly the same as me too. I have a high placenta and LO has gone quiet for a few days apart from bladder trampolining. I too check with my doppler and find a strong heartbeat. I noticed you are only a day behind me too. This morning LO decided to move about and I sat watching my tummy wibbling. I'm not too worried as LO seems to go quiet often now (seems to have weekends off too) but if I get to worried I eat a friut pastille Ice lolly and that get LO kicking.

:hug: :hug: if you are too worried contact your midwife

Mx

I have a high placenta at the back. I often didn't feel LO in the late 20's as the kicks were all up there. I got my bladder squished plenty though :lol: If you are feeling movement elsewhere and the doppler reading is good then don't worry overly.

Mention it to your MW though. Chances are its all normal and baby is just moved position :)

Thanks for your replies everyone. I've got mw this afternoon by coincidence so will bring it up then.

L xxx

Sherlock said:
I have a high placenta at the back. I often didn't feel LO in the late 20's as the kicks were all up there. I got my bladder squished plenty though :lol: If you are feeling movement elsewhere and the doppler reading is good then don't worry overly.

Mention it to your MW though. Chances are its all normal and baby is just moved position :)

This is how I have been for the last week. And my placenta is placed posterior and high up.

I think this si the stage where the baby has more sleeping and waking hours. I would mention it to your midwife. But, aslong as you are getting movemment and a heartbeat, please do not worry too much. Worry in itself can affect how much the baby moves. Drink some ice water. That usually gets em shifting lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back