Moving house...

lozzi

Reaction score
..as a few of you ladies will know i told my dad that we had to be moved into teh new house by the time i was 30 weeks pregnant... as you can see from my ticker it hasnt happened.

dad has dropped a bombshell...

He's now decided he doesnt want to rent again and hes going to buy, thats a lovely idea, but NOT when im due in 9 weeks time!!!!

i can see it already, moving house with a newborn, or moving house in labour...

Arghhh im sooo stressed... men eh

he cudda done this MONTHS ago!!!

fecking men eh :wall:

o dear hun, im sure ur parents will make it as unstressful for u as they can - its a big job movin house when ur pg or not! :hug:

I know how you feel Lozzi we are still staying at my mums and we still havent heard anything as to when we are going to be housed.

It any period of time for all we know, we can never be given a straight answer.

We have had to come to terms with the fact that its highly likely we will be moving with a newborn, but unlike you, we dont really have any choice in the matter as we really need our house! At least you could try and have a word with your dad and get him to hold on until the baby is a little bit older, I very much doubt now you would be able to buy and be moved in by the time baby arrives.

However, I have heard its not that bad and know many people that have done it and coped fine, at the end of the day if you have no choice like us you just gotta go with it, its not ideal but you have to make the best of the situation.

My view is that when the baby is first born it wont know any different anyhow so long as its looked after and im sure, like us, you will have people to help you move etc.

Dont stress cos it will be fine, its has to be, and there are lots of us going through this so your not alone :hug:

The house i currently live in has stairs to the next floor, bear in mind our house has REALLY high ceilings, these stairs up the next floor are squished into about 3ft, theyre really unsafe, even the midwife at my booking appointment commented on tehm being unsafe. i keep falling down them they are that steep, and obviously i wudnt be able to walk up these stairs with ellouise so thats why were moving, so the house sale really has to be done before i give birht, otherwise ill be living in the living room and bathing her in the kithcen...

i sat down dad last night and explained what i was on about and he said if i feel so strongly then we can just rent and buy in 6 months, which is a massive relief as you can imagine.

apparently ive now to "back off and let him get on with it"

he likes to do everything himslef and if i mention anyhting house related now he'll snap, so just gotta wait for the day when he comes home and says pack ive got us a new house....

hopefully soon :pray:

Fingers crossed then!

At least your dad is being understanding and saying that he will hold fire for 6 months, he sounds like a good father :)

i do love my daddy, :D i am a bit of a daddys girl tbh haha :D

I moved house 4 days before Charlie was born, so it can be done hun. It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be ! :D

thats good to hear tankett, thanks x

i kno its probably me worrying bout nothing but i remmeber the last move and how bla-zay my dad was about the whole thing...

he didnt book a moving company, i had to book it the day before!!!!

he didnt pack his room till when they arrived, and he was packing after they left, we had to take a load of stuff in his car....

men eh... :wall:

Aw i'm sure it'll all work out hun, and be as less stressful for you as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back