Moving From Newborn formula milk to stage 3/follow on milk

Lisamj

Reaction score
Hello,

Sam is still on Aptimal 1. He has three feeds a day but over the last few days has been a bit more wakeful at night....not for a feed, just his dummy or a head stroke and he falls back asleep.

Should I now be looking to put him on Aptimal 3 or Hipp Follow on Milk for example?

Or might it be better to stick the Apt 1 and use Goodnight milk for his last feed, assuming he is slightly unstatisfied hence waking up?

Also, at 12 months do you HAVE to move onto cows milk, or can I stick with follow on milk?

Thanks!
Lisa

Actually they have quite a big growth spurt somewhere around 8-9 months so him waking again is pretty normal. TBH if he's happy on first milk I would just leave him on it. We rode it out and Becky is now sleeping 7pm-7.30am and very happy on her first milk still. First milk and a balanced diet is just fine.

Totally up to you if you want to move onto cows' milk as well. We will be, but just because it's cheaper.

We never bothered with Follow on milk, as I think it is a con (but that's another story!), we did try the Hipp goodnight milk and LO slept through for 2 nights, she had been waking for a feed every night having slept through for months, then she started waking every hour, I think with tummy ache. I agree that it may be a growth spurt, or teething perhaps - LO always wakes in the night again when there is a tooth coming.

You can stay on follow on milk after 12 months, I think it says 36 months in the adverts. We have just started cows milk today as we have run out of formula and I am very excited! No more making up bottles and it costs ALOT less!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back