Follow on milk

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hi ladies

LO is 7 months old and I started to introduce a bottle a day of follow on milk with a view to swapping her over! Anyway after about 3 days she was screaming with tummy ache and couldn't poo :(

So I've just stopped with the follow on milk for now. I'm wondering if I can just leave her on stage 1 milk for now until she's 1 and we swap to cows milk? Does she actually need to go onto follow on milk at all?

Thanks xx

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

I asked the same question last week. I'm going to leave alice on stage 1 milk. I'm in the view that if I was still bf it wouldn't be changing so why bother with follow on.

Thanks hun! She was just screaming all night and it's not like her! Was horrible! Think well stick with it then :) xx

I was advised by hv that follow on milk is a bit of a con to get round the 6mth advertising ban, apparently babies are fine on 1st stage milk as it contains everything they need, infact some of the follow on milks contain less nutrients than the 1st stage. We have swapped to follow on but only because the 1st stage milks made N throw up loads, touch wood he's been fine on the aptamil one so far, if he hadn't been sick we would have stayed on 1st stage until he was one

Last edited:
Thank you that's good to know then! Dam advertising lol! I'll stick with it then as long as Los happy that's the main :)

Thanks ladies xx

I'm thinking about the same thing. We changed to follow on milk 2 weeks ago and now she is sick after every feed. Only a little but she never was before, I also have an concern that the powder feels different to stage 1 and when made up doesnt seem to mix fully. Im using Hipp organic milk and have done since she was 4 weeks.

Think I'll go back on to stage 1 and see how it goes as she is having 2-3 meals a day but hasnt dropped any milk yet....................Mmmmmm everything is a minefield out there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back