follow-on milk

Amy_J

Reaction score
marley will be 6 months in a few weeks,and its got me thinking about the follow on milk....atm he is on cow and gate hungry, and is taking now about 7oz, 3 times in the day and twice or 3 times in the night!!! he goes through phases where he has either loads of bottles or hardly any. from what i can remember on the box for followon milk it says like maybe 7oz twice a day or something (i may be wrong!) due to weaning. SO... if my lo is still having 3 small meals a day at 6months and still demaning loads of bottles, do i give the follow-on as many bottles as he wants? or should i keep him on his hungry and just give the follow on twice a day?? i know that it has more iron etc that normal formula....what did u ladies do or what will you do? im just really confused! one of my friends kept her lo on normal formula until 11months and then switched directly to cows milk!

Zac was on a milk protien free formula but has grown out of his intolerance, so I put him on cow and gate follow on milk, as he has 3 meals a day. Not much advice really as zac wasn't on hungry baby, but my dietician said as long as LO has a good diet then you don't need to put them on follow on milk, they can stay on a normal formula x

Last edited:
I kept Lacey on normal formula and will do the same with Charley. With the bottles, go with what Marley wants. If he wants more give him more, once he's on more solids he'll drop his own bottle. You soon get used to knowing if he wants it still or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back