Moving counties and not a clue what to do!

08Princess

Reaction score
Hope someone can advise me!
I'll try and be brief in explaining my situation.

I am planning to move back to Norwich from Bournemouth in November / December when I'll be approx 7 - 8 months.

I currently rent a room in a colleagues flat in Bournemouth (I'm single) and thats not a problem but it will be when I have the LO.

Firstly I don't want to continue to live with a colleague and secondly I don't wanna stay in Bournemouth.

All my family are in Norwich and in order to work and survive with a child I need their help.

Also I want my baby to grow up near cousins, grandparents, auntys and uncles.

I was gonna stay with my bro initially when I come back to Norwich.
He privately rents a 3 bed with his wife and 2 girls aged 6 and 3.

Would that be a wise move or should I just apply for housing straight away? And should I apply in Bournemouth and then ask to move to Norwich or just wait til I get to Norwich?

I have no experience with the council or applying for housing and don't know what I should or shouldn't say.

I don't wanna be dishonest but am worried they'll expect me to live with my bro and his kids forever and hes had enough problems of his own getting his place.

Help!!

Hi Hun, I can only go on my experience. The council here allows people from out of the area to apply to them as long as they have a local connection (which you obviously have!).

I would plan to move in with your brother and apply to council straight away also. You may only need to be with him a few weeks before they allow you a house. If its like my council you will be allcocated points and will need to bid on a house. Living with your brother will help you with overcrowding.

x

Hi Pudds86!

Thanks for the advice hun.
I have heard I can't apply for housing until I'm 6 months pg - do you know if thats true?
Will be sure to apply to Norwich City council as soon as I can.
Just want me and my baby to feel secure from the word go.

Thanks again for your advice. Have a good day :)

I applied before I was pregnant so I dont know why they would tell you that? I just didnt chase it up until it changed to the homebid scheme. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back