Movements... So what's the real deal?! Plus few other bits!

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
I am now consultant led due to chest infection plus asthma (or the other way around!) Went to DAU yesterday and all was good - they said that for 27 weeks, it was a great tracing etc. I felt lots of movement there and was reassured as hadn't been feeling as much I didn't think. Just as I felt OK about things the lead midwife said 'Things can change at any point though!' Anyway, felt it today once laid down for a nap and has been moving a lot.
About a week ago, though, I was feeling baby more, though and seeing it through stomach, strong kicks etc. Seems to have changed but could this just be my baby's pattern beginning to show?
Currently trying to kick my iPad off stomach, which is great, but when do we worry?! It's so hard to know. Seems to have quieter days... Is this normal? Also, I feel it kick a few times, then not much, then again, then not much, then again, over the day. Feel baby very low down in pelvis and feels crazy.
Head is down in pelvis... They say it's ok at this stage. Anyone else had theirs down low then moved? Xx

Not sure about the head being that low but with regards to movements your gut instinct will tell you if it's not quite right. Just trust in it. Some people don't experience a pattern at all with movements though.

My baby doesn't have a pattern and hasn't had the whole time. She moves randomly throughout the day and each day is different. the last couple of days she has been extra active and pushing and turning and sometimes feels like she claustrophobic :) in there and feel kind of erratic movements! Sometimes she kicks more at night and sometimes stronger in the morning.

Every mw appointment they ask me if baby has a pattern and every time I say no but they say its normal for my baby so I hope its ok.

I have also had periods of much less movements ( this it was when I was 30-31 weeks or so ) and was a little worried and called mw but then she started again. One day I couldn't feel her at all which worried me.

If I was you I would call the mw and explain but in my experience its ok and I don't think you have to be worried xx

Last edited:
As the baby gets bigger and has less room movements do change. There shouldnt be less but you get more pushing and wiggling and less strong kicks.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding... I think my lo must just have really quiet days and really busy ones. Today he/she's been having a game of tag inside me! X

Sometimes it can be the position of your placenta as well! Have you tried using a fetal Doppler? I know the medical professionals sometimes advise against them, but when I use mine, I can usually hear him moving around and feel him at the same time, however a lot of the movements I can hear on the Doppler but cant feel them at all! They do say as well that the baby can use your placenta as a punch bag, hence why we usually cant feel them externally! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back