Movement

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
There's been a few posts recently about lack of movement and people starting to worry. So I thought it would be good to have a thread where others can note down how many weeks they are and what there movements have been like so far. I know every pregnancy is different, but it might be good to read through what everyone else is experiencing so we can rest a little easier! What do you all think?

My movements so far (22 weeks tomorrow) haven't had much of a set pattern.

I started feeling flutters around 16-17 weeks and proper kicks about week 19. Little Miss can be really active for hours on end, then sometimes I'll just get one or two kicks and that'll be it. I've gone for about 2 days without feeling anything and then bam...she throws me a left hook just to remind me she's in there cooking!

xxxx

My friend who had twins didn't feel any movement or kicking till just over 23 weeks. She was a bit worried as there was 2 in there and she could feel nothing. Everything was fine though, every baby is different and some just more active and into karate chopping than others :) xx

As this is my first baby I was unsure at first if I was feeling baby move or if it was wind!! :oooo: These little movements which felt a bit like popcorn popping started when I was just over 16 weeks but were quite few and far between. They have only just started feeling like proper kicks for the past few days (now I'm 19 weeks) and they are more frequent than before. Some days though I'll go all day feeling nothing much then little one will start up at night x x

I started feeling a week ago a few funny little bumps under my belly near my belly button then it goes quiet and then at night i can feel a few rolls or movements below my belly button. Today sitting at my desk I felt 2 litt;e kicks with a 3 mintue space and i really love feeling it. xxx

Starting getting little flutters at night around 13 weeks which have gradually got stronger week by week, I can now see and feel the movements with my hand and I'm 18 weeks. Think baby quite active like me, not lazy like its dad! There seems to be a pattern of a few movements first thing in the morning and a few early afternoon then it has a mad couple of hours in the evening while I'm relaxing, or maybe I just notice it more then!

I felt little flutters at about 12-13 weeks. Since then, its been feeling like proper movements. Last week I finally felt the first proper kick. Baby tends to wake me early hours of the morning moving about. And when I'm busy at work she gives me a left hook to tell me to slow down! lol

Good thread to have ,
This is my second and i have only really just started to feel flutters, sure i felt them a bit earlier with my first, and im sure its meant to be other way round.

I'm sure I felt very irregular flicky like movements from about 16 weeks, and that was all until 18 weeks when they suddenly changed to irregular but recognisable kicks and punches. Now at 20 weeks I feel very recognisable kicking and rolling that is gradually getting stronger.

No strong pattern to the movements, except that the baby seems to liven up whenever I sit or lie quietly for any length of time (maybe she gets bored lol), and that I'm more likely to feel them in the hours after eating.

Last edited:
:( i havent felt them yet and im so looking forward to it, funnny i had a dream last night and my baby was kicking sh*t out of my insides lol must be on my mind more that i think x x

I feel random flutters nothing that strong, looking forward to my scan tomorrow so I can see there is something in there!

GREAT thread!

I started to feel flutters with my daughter around 17 weeks I think, but this time it was well early, about 11-12 weeks. It's only because that was my very favourite part of pregnancy that I could recognise the flutters so early this time. The movements are getting stronger, and he/she is most active when I'm lying in bed at night or lying in the bath (just like big sister was, lol!)

Last edited:
Great thread hunny :)
I started to feel little flutters in tri-1 this time round, this is my third pregnancy. By 14/15 weeks i was feeling more movement and 16weeks i felt my first kick. And at 18 weeks my OH felt my little miss kick. She has no set pattern yet and can be very active for 2 days then very quiet for a day or so after that x x

Like this thread hun!

I started feeling some flutterings around 16-17 weeks. Gradually they have got stronger but OH hasn't been able to feel them yet. Baby doesn't seem to follow a set pattern everyday but I do tend to feel it when I go to bed. It is a bit worrying when I don't seem to notice it but as I'm still only 20 weeks I don't think it will be for a while yet that things will be more predictable. Can't wait for my hubby to be able to feel LO!

well mine is just all over the place at the moment. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back