moses basket bedding **HELP**

lillou

Reaction score
we have a lovely moses basket my brother has bought us for our little girl to sleep in for the first few weeks (or months with a bit of luck she will last in it for as long as possible) anyway it comes with a little blanket thing but i wasnt planning using this to cover her at night as i bought 2 grobags.

problem is they are 0-3 and 0-6 months so my guess is for the first few nights possibly weeks they might be too big so what should i use as covers at night time?

our house is roasting, even in winter! any suggestions?

here is a link to the moses basket we have in case you want to see the cover that comes with it;

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product- ... 28/type-i/
(and yep we managed to hold off and get it at sale price :wink: )

I have bought today a cotbed bedding bale which contains two blankets and 4 sheets. I have grow bags too but if he is too small I was going to fold up a cotbed sheet and use it over him.

That's a lovely moses basket. We have bought the 'I love my bear' one from Babies R Us which come with a quilt like cover but I wasn't going to use it as it has a star attached to it that LO may put in his mouth during the night :lol:

We never used grobags when she was in the moses basket as they were too long for it. We used cellular blankets.

I think I read somewhere that it's not advisable to put a newborn in a grobag/sleepbag anyway.

Whilst mine was in the moses basket he was in a sleepsuit and then a couple of sheets & blankets (he was born in Jan) and only went into a grobag when he moved to the cotbed at about 7 weeks of age.

At the mo he just wears a short sleeved body suit and a lightweight grobag.

I'd say get a pack of flat sheets - you'll need 1 to cover matress, at least 1 to cover baby then spares for when you are washing etc. so 4-6 ish.

Then maybe a couple of blankets as well (these can double up for cosying baby up in pram when you take them out).

Good luck.

Oooh just to add I got my bedding bale in Babies R Us sale and it was £29.99 reduced to £24.99 which I thought was quite good. I did see the same sort of thing in Matalan the other day for less than that but it was all white and I wanted some blue.

We've got sleeping bags from our first child but we've also bought some mothercare ones as they can be used from 7lb 7oz.

It will depend on how much baby weighs regardless of whether he/she is a newborn as to whether or not you can use the sleeping bags from the off. Also bear in mind what tog they are, if your house is as warm as you say then you'll get away with a 1 tog I bet.

Put a thermometer in the room to keep an eye on the temp. That will help you gauge whether to put a short sleeve or long sleep sleepsuit on underneath the sleeping bag.

Hopefully you will get your use out of the moses basket, my son was in it until he was 5.5 months old and he was a long baby.

Maia was swaddled in a blanket for the first couple of weeks then we used a sleeping bag. Mothercare do a tiny baby sleeping bag that can be used from 5lb's upwards, it has extra prestuds to make it smaller.

You could always use a sheet to swaddle if the weather is hot otherwise I would use a cellular blanket for swaddling.

we got our moses basket from mamas & papas as well so it also came with one of those little 'duvet' things. We enver used it as i was afraid of Jenna getting smothered by it if it went over her head. we used swaddling (from grobag) and a cell blanket if it was a bit chilly. Also bought 2 fitted sheets for the moses basket and a spare matress & cover just in case (as it turned out Jenna has never been sick in her life so we have never used the other matress!) Or the spare cot matress protector ....

I usually put her in a vest and sleep suit then cover her with either one cotton blanket or a fluffier bigger one, abd if its not that warm i use both.
TBH i probably over cover her a little but i'm so hot all the time i dont want her getting cold cos i have windows wide open etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back