moses basket bedding

nori

Reaction score
Me again.. Im due a week today so im getting all my questions in now.. :)

I was just wondering what bedding i should have in the moses basket. I was thinking.. a fitted sheet, a muslin near the head for any sickness, a sheet and a cellular blanket. Baby to be in a vest and a sleepsuit?

I have a couple of swaddling blankets.. would you use these first or see how it goes without them? If i did swaddle i assume i would then just use the cellular blanket over the top?

Claire x

Depends on the room temperature I suppose. Before we started using the sleeping bags (at about 8 weeks) a cellular blanket folded was enough (when folded in half that counts as two layers etc). That was back in April, though. We didn't use a sheet, couldn't be bothered with the faff.

Swaddling didn't work for us as she preferred her arms and legs to be free, screaming blue murder when she was wrapped up.

We have Esme swaddled as she settles really well.
I did it in the hospital stopped at home wondered why she wouldnt settle and finally figured out that it was the security of swaddling she was missing

We have a sheet and muslin on the bottom she is swaddled in a cellular blanket and i have a fleece blanket that i put ove the top loosely when the heatings off

Fitted sheet and muslin sound good.

We used sleeping bag from birth so never needed sheet or blanket. Nor was there a need to swaddle as the sleeping bag seemed to be snug enough for LO. He hated being swaddled.

Vest and sleepsuit would be good in the first month as newborns wear an extra layer. Once past a month I'd be going with just a sleepsuit and blankets or sleeping bag. So long as temp is around 18C that is. If its colder you need to rethink layers, same as if warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back