Carrycot instead of Moses Basket!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
We bought our new pushchair on Fri which came with a carrycot and the sales assistant asked me if I would be using the carrycot for baby to sleep in at night - rather than buying a seperate moses basket!

She explained I would just need a stand and a mattress for it......costing around £40 for the 2 items!

I hadnt actually thought about this before, and was wondering what the pros and cons are of using the carrycot for baby to sleep in overnight for the first couple of months, or would I be better buying a seperate moses basket?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many Thanks

I personally find they do the same job, so if you can save yourself some money doing it that way then i would. It depends on how much you were planning on spending on a moses basket. Some babies aren't in moses baskets long so rather than outgrowing 2 things at the same time and having to put them away, you could only have one.

My eldest slept in the carry cot of his pram until he went into a rocking crib hun - they don't know the difference and there is no difference really :) we didn't bother with a stand either - downstairs we used the pram as a stand and upstairs it used to sit on top of a side table x x x

My sister uses carrycot with her little girl and I might do the same since she seems pretty happy in there.

I don't think there are any cons, just pros, it'll save some money, they outgrow their moses baskets so quickly so if you just buy the one you'll have less baby furniture to store.

I bought my moses basket before I got my pushchair with the carry cot so I've got both....TBH I hardly every use the carry cot. In fact I think it's only been used twice when I've taken her out for walks in it!!! I would say go with either one or other because one won't really get used!

I used the carry cot that came with the pram and then used a crib in our room. You don't need both. I actually found it very convenient using the pram as i didn;t like to leave my baby in the day time sleeping so i would push him from room to room with me!!

I used the carrycot when we were away from home rather than taking the moses basket, and never had an issue with it. We also used it for daytime sleeps downstairs. I prbably would have found it a hassle carrying it (the carry cot) up and down the stairs at night/in the morning if I hadn't the moses basket, but I got that off my sister so it only cost me the mattress anyway. She had outgrown the moses basket by about 4 months, and the carrycot about 5.5 months.

I had a big baby and he was out of his moses basket by 3 weeks...what a waste. Yet he was snug in his quinny carry cot, if it saves you money hun, just stick with carrycot :hug:

As always thank you mums!!!

I shall get a mattress and stand for the carry cot and use that in our room for a few months, by which time I hope to transfer him to his own cot!!

I will actually be using both! I have a moses basket which will stay in my bedroom and in the day Lola will sleep in the carrycot of the pram!

One thing to consider. To help my daughter get used to sleeping in the big cot, i used to put her in the moses basket, and then put the moses basket inside the cot, then after a couple of weks straight into the cot. Just a thought, cos I don`t think you could do that with a carry cot - not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back