Moses basket question

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
What should I cover my baby with in the moses basket?

The advice I have read for cots is to tuck the sheet/blanket in at the end of the cot and lay baby feet at bottom so s/he can't wriggle down. So what to do with a moses basket? There is not much room to tuck sheets etc in.

I also have been bought one of these sleeping bags for baby - if I use this, what do I put on his/her arms? A babygrow? Is this warm enough?

Silly questions like this make me think I know not a lot about babies !!! And no-one tells you these things at midwives appointments etc. :oops:

Thanks. BF x

with both of mine i have swaddled them in a blanket and put them in moses basket. by time they become more active and can restle out of being swaddled then they are usually ready to go into a cot. i use a pillow case as a sheet for the moses basket mattress thingy but i think u can buy speciall ones that fit the moses basket.

xxxxx

You can buy smaller sheets for moses baskets which means there isn't so much material to 'lose' and tuck in. You'll probably want a sheet and celular blanket type combination depending on how hot it is.

I use the grobags which are ace as it stops them loosing the blanlets in the night, BUT the recommendation is not to use them on babies under 10lbs so it may be a few weeks til you can use it.

Again, depending on how hot/ cold it is I use a combination of short and long sleeved vests with a babygrow on top, or just a pyjama top. It'll take a bit of playing round til you find out what your babba is comfy in. :D

I swaddle but he doesn't like the moses basket at the moment! Think it's too cold or big or something - esp after coming from our bed!

We used cellular blankets, the ones with the holes in them :) they made me less worried about him wriggling under them as more air can pass through them. And because moses baskets are so small, the blankets you use will tuck right under the basket mattress, LO won;t be strong enough in the early days to completely un-tuck them, so don't worry about that, and yes have LO's feet to the bottom end to stop downward wriggle :hug:

Isaac was quite strong so we started using grobags very early, and he loved them because he didn't like covers and always kicked out of them, and it was peace ofmind for us as he couldn't slip under his grobag. And yes they're fine in a grobag with their usual vest and babygro, just what they'd wear if they were under blankets. If you feel its cold, you can get long sleeved vests too, for added warmth, and scratch mits for hands :) That's what we do anyways, very best wishes Beatlesfan :hug:

when millie was in her moses basket it was summer and really warm so i didnt cover her (was paranoid about overheating!)
now i put her in a sleepsuit and one of them grobags. the grobags hav different togs depending how warm u need them but i dont kno anything about togs! xx

Thanks everyone. that is very reassuring. i feel more confident to try and test a range of options to see what bubba likes best. xx

I used a fitted moses basket sheet on the mattress and then put Jake in his grobag. I have put a link to the grobag site so you can read the what to wear advice. If your LO is too small to go in to the grobag right away you could either swaddle him/her or just use a sheet(or two depending on room temp) and a thin blanket which you need to tuck in at the bottom so they can't be pulled up.

http://www.bumpto3.com/666.aspx

Thanks Gemma and Jake - have checked out website. It's very informative. BF x

I use a fitted base sheet which i got from mothercare. for the first few weeks i swaddled baby, and then after that i put him in his grobag. I was also really paranoid about loose blankets.... still am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back