• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Morning Sickness has kicked in

smurf

Reaction score
God I feel rough today have had nausua (sp) since about 9:30 this morning just feel really queasy having been munching on ginger nut biccies but that doesn't seem to be helping. I had a cup of decaf coffee earlier and that seems to have made it much worse. Any suggestions I've been drinking lots of water too.

The only thing that keeping me going is that fact that this is a good sign.

hi smurf, sorry your feelin rough today but your right all that got me thru the nausea was that it was a god sign.

i found granny smiths apples helped me hope you start feeli better soon :)

my MS has pretty much gone now, so back to eatin anythin n everythin lol

its awful isnt it.

i found it was much worse before i had eaten. eat some toast or something to fill your tummy. hopefully that will help abit.

unfortunately i never found anything which helped get rid of it. just eating to controll it

Thanks girlies I had a sarnie and felt a bit better think it something I am just gonna have to put up with.

Flat lemonade worked really well for me :D

Hi Smurf

I'm so pleased you're pg! I remember you in ttc when I was too! Sorry you've got the dreaded morning sickness....I had it from about 6 weeks to about 15 weeks. It really gets you down. The only thing that helped me was eating and drinking what I really fancied. I also kept a tupperware of dry breakfast cereal by my bed (and in my desk at work). Munching the dry cereal really helped. Sort of grazing through the day helped too.

I thought I'd never get over the misery of it, but now I'm really enjoying my bump and my appetite. Take heart!

Pea xx

aw thanks Peanut I can't believe your 19 weeks already that time seems to have flown by. I'll try the cereal anything is worth a go I have noticed it seems to come and go throughout the day so if I keep grazing I should be able to manage it - might not fit through the door but he ho.

Jaidybaby I tried flat lemonade last night but it made me worse :( glad it works for you tho.

Hiya, yeah 19 weeks seems amazing to me too!

Don't worry about grazing putting the weight on - I actually lost weight - guess because I couldn't eat my normal dinners. I got full-up after three mouthfuls! Just try to go with the flow. I too had the waves of sickness to begin with, then it was fairly constant - yuk.

Ok that mightn't be too bad if that's the case. :D

smurf said:
aw thanks Peanut I can't believe your 19 weeks already that time seems to have flown by. I'll try the cereal anything is worth a go I have noticed it seems to come and go throughout the day so if I keep grazing I should be able to manage it - might not fit through the door but he ho.

Jaidybaby I tried flat lemonade last night but it made me worse :( glad it works for you tho.

Oh bugger...it was a godsend for me!! Its gotta be REALLY flat mind.

Actually it was only half flat maybe that why it made me worse. My mum used to give us hot lemonade as kids when we were poorly I used to love it might try that heating it took all the gas out of it.

Aww im sorry your suffering hun. I haven't had any m/s, but my SIL has suffered from day one. She used to drink flat lemonade, but had to get meds from the docs to stop it. I hope you don't get it too bad.

I found the nausea worse when I hadn't eaten for a while. I was told by the MW to eat little and often and that would help.

Thankfully it seems to have passed now. :)

Sabrina
x

Hi smurf,

Mine hasn't passed yet unfortunately (it seems to be getting worse - arrgghh!), but I agree with the advice above - make sure you eat little and often and first thing in the morning.

The best advice I was given was to listen to your body, think about what you want to eat - and eat that. That works for me.

Valentine xx

I agree, eating something little and often really helps. My sickness is pretty grim as I travel to work on a train each morning and it's not as smooth a journey as they would like you to think!

I tend to just keep eating the ginger biscuits until I feel better, though it's because I don't eat breakfast, so I'm going to try and start having ready brek stuff for breakfast and hope it helps!

m

Thanks for the advise guys I've started eating little and often and it does seem to be helping.

Definitely eat little and often, it really helped me. MS is horrible but is a good sign.

Am feeling your pain Smurf, I am in the same boat, have tried biccies etc. A mate told me that the anti-sickness wrist bands worked for her and I am feeling desperate to help my sickness so will buy some soon.

Little and often is helping me a bit but still feel sick most of the day and when I do throw up there is hardly anything there !! GRRRR

Let's hope we don't have this for too much longer!

x

Oh god its bloody awful aint it?! I had nausea from the moment I discovered I was pregnant, and it wasn't just in the morning either unfortuately it was all day and night More kind of like motion sickness or car sickness than anything else. Never actually sick tho altho I really wanted to be...
Anyway it will pass, mine stopped about a week ago its HEAVEN to be past that stage. But like you say, its also a good sign that things are happening inside you. I'll be thinkin of u and hoping it passes before too long. Meanwhile steer clear of strong smells if you can help it!! (I had to get hubby to stop wearing aftershave cos even that made me wanna hurl!!!)
You'll soon feel better and then there'll be other things to worry about like stretch marks, aching boobs, etc hahaha :D

:wink: Hiya
I think I must be really lucky but i havent felt too bad yet. I am a teacher so i am kept rather busy during the day and with regular breaks I have a piece of fruit or dry crackers or such like in my drawer. Am I not at the sickness stage yet or could I be eating my way through it!!
Miss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back