morning sickness has officially started!

ams25

Reaction score
Well girlies I am 6 weeks 1 day, and everyone said not to worry about the lack of symptoms because they will come... Well I have just drank my lovely morning cup of tea and threw it straight back up again! Lovely :) I felt a little bit queasy on friday afternoon at work, and then a bit last night before bed, but this is the first time I've been physically sick.

In a weird way I am really happy! Its like a preggo rite of passage lol. I haven't really had any symptoms yet, and was a bit worried whether that was a bad sign... I've been tired, but my boobs haven't grown at all and they've only been the slightest bit sore (which keeps coming and going anyway). So at least now I feel like I must have enough pregnancy hormones to support baba if they are making me sick! (I know people can have normal pregnancies with no sickness too of course).

I'm sure a few more times of throwing up and I will be thoroughly fed up of it though and moaning my head off haha!

Just wanted to share! Hope everyone else is okay and not too sick! X

FX it doesn't get too bad for you hun. I have been incredibly lucky and manages to escape morning sickness altogether so far! All my other symptoms have been quite mild and you can't help but worry. But, had our scan and bean was fine, lil heart beating away :)

XX

Oh hon I'm glad it's making you feel relieved! I'm wishing mine would go, been ill since boxing day and still no let up and have had to be signed off work the last 3 weeks. I'm really hoping it eases off soon......

Aw thanks emily :) you've defo been really lucky to sail through it so far hun, and must have been so lovely to see baba all healthy and wriggling around on your scan! I know what you mean about worrying about no symptoms... I've had bleeding too, so coupled with no symptoms so far was starting to make me a bit worried. You've obviously proved that some ladies are just really lucky, so pleased for you hun :D

I am quite a 'sicky' person anyway because I get quite bad travel sickness, and horrendous sea-sickness. So never thought I would be one of the lucky ones to escape morning sickness lol.

I feel fine now and debating making another cup of tea and some cereal, let's see what happens! X

Oh mishi bless you, I really hope yours eases off soon hun it sounds horrible! Fingers crossed you're nearing the end of it now hun :hug: have you had that injection thing that I know Jayjay had?

I know, I feel bad being relieved about it cos I know some ladies get it horrendously. I was almost wishing for it, which is really awful! It has made me feel a lot better about baba, but I hope it stays just the odd time here and there and doesn't get any worse... We will soon find out I suppose lol xxx

I'm having sick moments on and off it's yet to hit full whack x

Oh mishi bless you, I really hope yours eases off soon hun it sounds horrible! Fingers crossed you're nearing the end of it now hun :hug: have you had that injection thing that I know Jayjay had?

I know, I feel bad being relieved about it cos I know some ladies get it horrendously. I was almost wishing for it, which is really awful! It has made me feel a lot better about baba, but I hope it stays just the odd time here and there and doesn't get any worse... We will soon find out I suppose lol xxx

I know what you mean hon, I was also in an odd way 'happy' about the symptoms - its just gone on long enough now for my liking though! I don't want to moan too much though, bubs is ok and that's the main thing. I had to go to the hospital and have some IV fluids last Fri & Sat but I opted out of the anti emetic injection or tablets, I'm just too worried to take any drugs at all in first trimester!x

Last edited:
Amyrose- fingers crossed it stays that way for you hun! the odd time here and there is reassuring, as long as it stays just the odd time!

Mishi - I'd be a bit scared of taking drugs too hun, although I'm sure they must be safe if the doctors offered them knowing your preg hun. I'm sure you've tried all the old wives tales like ginger biscuits, travel sickness bands etc? I see from your ticker you're nearly 12 weeks so really hope it starts letting up over the next week or so for you hun, they say it eases about 12-14 weeks don't they?

I've just got another wave of nausea actually, and feel a bit like I've got a bad hangover. Which is very unfair because I had all the girls round last night and they were all drinking wine and cocktails while I drank apple and blackcurrant squash all night, so they should have the hangovers not me! Lol x

Ahh I know I'll be like that when I get it, I only get a slight waft of nausea so far.

Hope you don't get too sick though.:)

Xx

Why oh why oh why isn't there a cure for the sickness? Couldnt get up this morning until 2 hours after taking my anti-emetic, can hardly move as everytime I move I'm gonna vomit!! It's awful!! Really have no idea what I'm going to do about work, have three night shifts starting tomorrow night. I couldn't work in environment I work in if I like this!! Don't know what to do :( xx

Maybebaby - aw thanks hun :) hope you don't either! The slight waves of nausea are what I had on Friday and Saturday, I had nothing before then. I feel pretty crappy now, I'm still in bed! Managed to have a ginger biscuit though and keep it down :)

Oh Jessywoohoo I'm so sorry hun, sounds like you're not having much fun at all! Could your doc sign you off work for a few days if you're no better? How far along are you hun?

I must admit I am dreading getting bad MS at work, I think thats the part I will struggle with the most :/ I work in an office with 3 floors, and theres 4 people on my floor. Each floor has its own toilet which is just a little room right next to the office. It's only separated from the office by two doors, and I'm dreading throwing up there as quite sure everyone will be able to hear it loud and clear! Also it's a tiny little enclosed toilet just shared between the 4 of us, and I will be so paranoid that it will smell of sick! I didn't want to tell work for as long as possible, but I work right opposite my boss so might have to rethink that if I do get it bad. I also have to travel sometimes for work involving a 90-minute train journey to another city, 3 hours sat in court and and 90-minutes train journey back. I've got to go in 2 weeks for the next one. It's going to be hell if I do have bad MS!

I did bring this on myself by wishing for it so cant really complain yet! Just wish it wasnt so difficult for us girlies to try and carry on as normal at work and try to hide it :/

I'm glad ur ms is making u feel relieved lol. I hope it doesn't become unbearable!
I've woken up every morning for the past 6 weeks feeling like I've had a mammoth drinking session the night before. But thankfully I've made it 2 mornings in a row now without vomiting!! Its extremely exciting lol.

As far as the cyclizine injection goes, I really didn't want it, but I really don't know how I'd have coped without it. I was put on IV fluids for 2 days last month and still felt terrible, without the injection, I wouldn't have been able to keep anything down. Not even water.
I still have a bottle of the cyclizine tabs but didn't take very many of them because I was weary of it in my first tri. Although we saw Bubs last week and he/she is perfectly fine and perfectly healthy :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww Jayjay you've really been through it too hun! I'm so glad you're starting to feel a bit better, I suppose the only silver lining is u will really really appreciate every morning that you wake up and feel a bit better now! Lol. Hopefully the worst is well and truly over for you, and you'll just keep feeling better and better from now on hun!

I feel a bit better now I'm up and about, just about to try and eat a roast dinner at my mums so hoping I keep it down, fingers crossed! Xx

I've had horrendous ms for ages now, and ended up having cyclizine injections. I was told they are completely fine, and its the medication which is safe for pregnancies- only down side is that it stings like an absolute bitch!!! Tbh, I would have had anything at that point.

I couldn't keep any food or drink down for a few days at one point, and lived on lucozade!! I didnt get off the sofa or out of bed for at least 3 weeks, which made me really depressed at the time. It got to the point that when I was being sick, I was getting really panicky and couldn't breathe- felt like I was having a panic attack! I'm starting to come round, and only being sick a few times a day, but still get very panicky. My pjs wont stay up anymore, I have to walk around holding them up!!

I hope it doesnt get too bad for you!! xxx

Last edited:
I am quite a 'sicky' person anyway because I get quite bad travel sickness, and horrendous sea-sickness. So never thought I would be one of the lucky ones to escape morning sickness lol.

I am exactly the same with travel sickness and sea sickness, the only thing I seem to be OK with I flying. I have got better as I've got older. I thought because I get travel sick that I would be more likely to get ms but I have been very very lucky.

Hope your dinner stays put! I've got Roast Chicken for tea and I am muchly looking forward to it! Nom nom!! :)

XX

Babyem- oh hun I really feel for you! How are you feeling now? I hope it starts to ease off soon. These babas are hard work aren't they, but they will all be worth it (even though that doesn't really help to hear someone saying that now!)

Emily - thanks hun, I had roast chicken too and it did stay down YAY! Hope yours was nice too :) its funny how it affects people in different ways isn't it, you've been really lucky hun so enjoy it!

Well I'm at work now and feeling pretty ropey TBH but I've got a big bottle of strawberry water and managed to keep my toast down so its a good start! Fingers crossed no actual throwing up today! Xxx

Babyem- oh hun I really feel for you! How are you feeling now? I hope it starts to ease off soon. These babas are hard work aren't they, but they will all be worth it (even though that doesn't really help to hear someone saying that now!)

Emily - thanks hun, I had roast chicken too and it did stay down YAY! Hope yours was nice too :) its funny how it affects people in different ways isn't it, you've been really lucky hun so enjoy it!

Well I'm at work now and feeling pretty ropey TBH but I've got a big bottle of strawberry water and managed to keep my toast down so its a good start! Fingers crossed no actual throwing up today! Xxx

I'm not as bad as I was, feeling more human! I keep getting loads of phlegm in my throat and cant cough it up, so that keeps making me throw up, grrrr!! (sorry if tmi!) think its just the last of my tonsillitis clearing up. I keep saying, I would rather go through labour than ms, at least I know that when thats over, its over! I think roast dinner is a winner all round, I had it last night- bloody loved it and it stayed down!! Even had seconds an hour or so later!! LO is going to be a roast dinner fiend like me, haha! Lucozade was my lifeline, tried flavoured water but wasn't for me :(

I am officially jealous!
I have not been sick at all, just a bit bolky on the odd occasion when a nasty smell hits me. Being sick is a good sign which is why I think I want to hurl so bad! lol

hope its not too bad for you. xx

Glad to hear your starting to feel better babyem, how many weeks are you now?

I'm so rough it's unreal, not quite got to the point of going in to hospital yet but feeling very unwell!! And sorry for myself. I hope it doesn't carry on for too long. Xx

Glad to hear your starting to feel better babyem, how many weeks are you now?

I'm so rough it's unreal, not quite got to the point of going in to hospital yet but feeling very unwell!! And sorry for myself. I hope it doesn't carry on for too long. Xx

Im 11, coming up 12 on thursday I think. The best thing to do, which is the last thing you want to do, is to try and force something down. (I hated being told this by OH, but he was right). The doctor I saw said that the longer you dont eat, the more sick you will be. If you dont eat, your body starts trying to use fat as energy, which increases the ketones in your body, making you feel even more sick. If it ends up coming back up, then at least you've tried. I got stuck in a rut, as the more I didnt eat, the worse I felt. Its just bloody hard to force yourself to eat when you feel so shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back