More sleep with baby in own room??

xNataliex

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

We've not had Joe sleep through yet although he will ocassionally go until 3.30 ish. We were watching Bringing up Baby last night and wondered if he might go through if we weren't there?

I'm not sure I'm ready and my hubby said he's supportive of whatever. Should we try it? I'm going back to work in 2 weeks and could do with the sleep!!

What are your experiences?

Ta :hug:

We HAD to put both of our sons into their own room at 6 months. They were both taking the pee really badly, especially my second son! Would be up loads in the night with him and Im sure some of it was down to the fact he could hear me in our bedroom. He is 13 months now and stil cant sleep in the same room as us or will wake numerous times, yet sleeps through in his own room.

I found my kids slept so much better in there own room and all of them moved into there own room at about 6 weeks. They didn't start sleeping through as soon as we moved them out but it wasn't long after. I just found they were a lot more settled in on there own and didn't disturb as much.

We never had Isaac in our room atall. I slept on his bedroom floor instead so it wasn't a big deal for him to move rooms and when I eventually went back to my own room he hardly noticed and soon got used to me not being there. Get a baby monitor and have it next to your bed for reassurance, thats what I did. The slightest snuffle and you will wake up!

Lou :D

Our LO is still in with us but I do believe he is disturbed a lot when we turn over in bed or go to the bathroom! I want to put him in his room soon but want to do it gradually and stay in with him at first like lou.

Ours never really slept with us. It was doing none of us any good.
Incidently, they are both fantastic sleepers now. They go through their wee spells of not sleeping well but there is generally a reason.

I'd say try it and see :hug: :hug: :hug: You may find it makes you all sleep deeper, I hope so anyways, we haven't got the option being in a 1bed flat, go for it and very best wishes :D

Mel was in his own bedroom right from the start and I slept on a sofa bed in there until he was 12 weeks and then I moved back to my bed. We have very thin walls and his cot was right up against the wall where my head was and I could hear him every time he moved but we both got much better sleep

+++

Ruby was in her own room from week one, and she has been fantastic and has always settled quickly in her cot.

OH is a light sleeper and it just wouldnt of worked with her in our room

we moved our lo into her own room at 5 months - SHE was sleeping and WE would disturb her when we went to bed!
for us, it worked really well

Lydia was in our room until she was 22 months old.

Alex will go into his own room at 6 months if he is sleeping through the night. If not, then as soon as he sleeps through the night - or when he turns 1, whichever comes first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back