More bub hiccups at 36 weeks - normal ?

Naterjack

Reaction score
This week my bubs seems to have hiccups a lot more often
He used to get them a few times per week that i could feel but now he gets them at least once per day

Is it because he will be swallowing more fluid at this stage ?

Mine has had noticably more hiccups recently. I would say it is normal and I think a good sign in that they are developing a sucking reflex.
Weird though isn't it!

with alice i had to go in for daily traces and 9 times out of 10 i went for 9 in the morning. She would get hickups at the same time almost every day - right after they started the machine up :roll: :lol:

Lewis seems to get hickups about the same time as well. 8 ish when i sit down at my desk at work. im not sure if its becuase im sitting still :think:

its very strange, and they feel SO low down, as if its my fangita hiccuping :rotfl:

Naterjack said:
its very strange, and they feel SO low down, as if its my fangita hiccuping :rotfl:

Exactly the same for me too, except my fangita hiccups at least 3 times a day, sometimes more.......and the hiccups can last 10+ mins sometimes :D

ladies can i come gatecrash a sec and ask something, will i know in myself when its hiccups? i can barely distinguish between punches and kicks just now but they seem more regular when im sat down could it be hiccups im feeling and not punches etc?

hiccups will be regular and about every 30 secs, just the same if you were hiccuping yourself.

yup i hope its normal as its happening to me to :D

Same here!! Baby gets hiccups everyday - sometimes more!!

Sugarhigh, they feel like a strong pulse to me, but mine are quite quick (but then again so are my own hiccups) and more frequent than every 30 seconds

You will know, it just feels different - i was shocked the first time i felt them and was a bit freaked out :lol:

Yep, our little bebe gets hiccups 1-2 times a day (usually morning and evening) and after I've eaten strangely.

I always thought I would never be able to tell what was hiccups and what was just normal movement but its obvious. Its a regular twitching, every 10 seconds or so and can last up to 15 minutes! It does feel like your own hiccups really - once baby gets them regularly, you will definitely know!

My bump was getting them 3 or more times a day towards the end! And he still get's them almost as often now he's out in the open air :lol:

xx

Sugarhigh you will definitely know when they are hiccups, but my bubs didnt start hiccuping until a few weeks ago, or never felt it so strongly until then - they generally start hiccuping when they start to practise swallowing fluid (from about week 28).

Its the most bizarre feeling, literally feels like real hiccups only in your pelvis (obviously depending on which way your baby is presenting), your fanjita, or sometimes I feel them more in my bottom - but my bubs is head down.

As I write my LO has been hiccuping now for the last 5 mins....and like naterjack each hiccup is every few seconds like a regular plusating feeling.

yep me to! he gets them about 3 times a day and they can seriously last ages!!
Although baby is transverse so its my ribs rather than my fanjita hiccuping :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back