Mold everywhere

I have a condenser drier, and deliberately spent more money on an energy efficient one. The amount of water that comes out one washing is astounding - and to think if it was on the radiators it would all be in the air!

The only stuff I dry on the radiators are certain shirts of OHs that would shrink in the drier.

We do too, I occasionally drain it into a tub for a week just to see how much we get from a weeks worth of washing. I'm such a geek like that haha.

Mirime is your house rented? If so, get the agents to sort the cooker extractor out and get one put in the Bathroom. It really makes such a difference having them (our previous flat didn't and I'd have to have the bathroom window open whilst I had a shower... which would have been okay if that window hadn't opened onto the shared walkway to the other gardens in the terrace! ;-)

No, we 'own' it. The dehumidifier was a cheaper option than sorting out the hood over the cooker (no easy way to vent it outside due to extension at back of house) and putting an extractor fan in the bathroom.

Annoying thing with the cooker hood is that you can't get that brand in the UK anymore but it actually had an adaptor available for if it wasn't being vented outside and the idiots didn't install it :(

No, we 'own' it. The dehumidifier was a cheaper option than sorting out the hood over the cooker (no easy way to vent it outside due to extension at back of house) and putting an extractor fan in the bathroom.

Annoying thing with the cooker hood is that you can't get that brand in the UK anymore but it actually had an adaptor available for if it wasn't being vented outside and the idiots didn't install it :(

Could you vent it up through the roof at all?

It sounds like the dehumidifier is the way forward, but I'd definitely look into getting an extractor for the bathroom. Makes a huge difference :)

Part of the extension is conservatory style so plastic roof the other part is the bathroom. I think trying to vent the cooker hood outside would be pointlessly expensive and cause a hell of a mess as it would have to go through a thick stone wall and come out above the bathroom roof.

The dehumidifier is in the conservatory style bit so right between the kitchen and bathroom and seems to sort out condensation in the bathroom without any problems. I'd have wanted an extractor fan with a humidistat so that it would run when ever it sensed a certain level of moisture in the air and that would have ended up costing the same amount to be fitted as getting the dehumidifier. Assuming whoever fitted it would actually fit it without rewireing the whole bathroom as the DIYer who previously owned it thought he was an electrician (plumber, builder, carpenter etc :rolleyes:).

Don't get cavity wall insulation- it can cause damp. These walls have cavities to let air circulate so shouldn't be filled!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back