misscarrying - When can I expect the fetus to come out?

Twister999

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I usually just browse other posts, but I need a little more help on this one..

I was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant yesterday when I noticed some brown stuff, I went to the doctors and they said well lets see do a pregnancy test. If its negative "we know whats happened" but if its positive we will send you for a scan tomorrow.

So we did the test at the doctors.. and big fat negative - DEVASTATED - this would have been my 3rd baby but my first problem.

so he says no point for a scan just wait for a heavy period.

Of course I ran home and used one of my own tests :) which still says faintly pregnant... Im under no illusion that all will suddenly be OK, but the point of my question is, when I can I expect every thing to come out??

Even though I know its over, there is always a little voice in the back of your head that says ... but but ... so I think now, i just want to get it over with.

Im still having a trace of brown goo, but has any one been though this and let me know how long Im likely to have to wait ..?

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this.
I had a MMC last month I was just over 11 weeks, but baby died a few weeks before. I spotted on and off for a few weeks before and had three scans, one was too early to see anything, next one a heartbeat and the final one nothing.
I had to have medical management in the end as my body wouldn't let go and sac and placenta kept growing.
It was also my third baby.
I'm not sure if they could offer medical management to speed things up?
Take care in this horrible time xx

So sorry twister, I don't have any answers I'm afraid as I had a mmc and a d&c. X

Sorry to hear this twister x my story is the same as twixi's but ended up having a d&c after trying medical management. Maybe if nothing happens in a couple of days you could talk to your gp again and see if they will offer you medical management. Hugs x x x

Sent from my Nexus 7

Im sorry for your loss!!! I had a natural mc at 7 and a half weeks which started with spotting. I then bled for about a week and that was it over. I did have my hcg levels checked till they were below 10 though. Take care! Xxx

Thanks every one... No magic cure then ? Lol

Im OK, just sad :(

I wish I could see the end of this though, its got really light now, and even though I NO the answer, a little part of me still keeps thinking it might be alright.

I hope it gets on with it today, it will be even worse to go for a scan and get that little bit of hope, and even worse if you see a heartbeat ... then you dont agrr its horrible

Mine was the same as laura i started with spotting then it was a full on heavy period bleeding with lots of clots for a week, its just stopped now. Hugs to you xxxxx

My brownish stuff has almost stopped today and really I was expecting it to get heavier... I'm considering doing another preg test today just for my own knowledge, but IF its still positive should I call the docs or is this just wishful thinking???

The only reason I'm dithering is because he said if the result was positive he would send me for a scan , obviously our home tests must be super sensitive as yesterday mine was still positive but then that would be left over hormones :(

Ahh what to do

Last edited:
I think that you should do another test tomorrow maybe. If it is still a positive then yeah I would call the dr. Your levels of hcg should be monitored to check they are going down.

:wall2: Don't worry I did the test and its positive but fainter than ever so as good as negative.

So that's it now. That is the official answer. Im glad I did the test though so Ive expelled the hidden little voice in the back of my mind.

sorry to hear, but at least you know what's happening now. you may not bleed for a bit or it may come in the next few days....it's hard to know and everybody and every miscarriage is different - when I mc (twice) I started spotting, but both times withing 3-4 days of the spotting starting everything was passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back