Miscarriage?

nb27

Reaction score
Looking for some advice from people in a similiar situation.

I found out I was pregnant last Sunday and by the Wednesday night I had brown spotting, the spotting continued on Thursday and I passed 3 clots (size of 10p), on Friday I had fresh blood through the brown although the bleeding wasn't period red yet. The EPU declined to scan me for another week but I kicked up a fuss with the doctors and they took blood to check my HCG even though they werent keen. Saturday came and the bright red blood flowed, probably about the same as you would expect from a normal period. Sunday got heavier, was changing my towel every hour or two and passed a fairly large clot, i've had constant cramping but Sunday deffinitely was worse. I called NHS24 and they asked me to go to hospital, had a pretty bad experience with a horrible midwife but the doctor examined me, said my cervix was closed and although I was 99% sure I had miscarried she said I hadn't although classed me as 'threatened miscarriage', I was told to phone EPU first thing this morning and to get a scan. Suprise suprise I called them and they couldnt fit me in, said they could tomorrow but then checked my bloods from Friday and said my HCG was only at 80 so they wouldn't scan. I got more blood took this morning and to phone tomorrow to see if there has been a rise or drop in HCG. I had prepared myself for the worst, then the hospital told me differently last night then EPU this morning said hospital shouldn't have told me that without a scan but no-one will scan me. I just feel like I need closure, I need to know if I have miscarried or not. Has anyone had any experience like this? x

im realy sorry ur having to go through this and still dont know for sure but from what u have said it does look like u have had an mc just going from ur hcg alone at 80 thats very low but im no expert, when u got ur + test how far would u say u were pregnant? i have suffered 2 mcs but they were both missed miscarriages so i didnt bleed as my body carried on as if everything was fine,there is always hope tho i have read stories of woman bleeding a lot and i was one of them at 9 weeks with my daughter i bled a hell of a lot and lost clots they said 99% sure i had mc but i had scan and all was fine they said was likely i was having twins and lost one so u never know, hope u can manage to get a scan asap xxx

Sorry your going through this hunni, I would follow what your gut instinct says
A doctor told me my cervix was still closed and that the blood clots must ha've been coming from somewhere else, but I knew she was wrong, in my heart I knew what was happening.
I did miscarry.
That's not to say all cases are like that but I wish hospitals would just do the only thing that can give u a definate yes or no and bloody scan women. It's disgusting the way they lead us on with a glimmer of hope.
Good luck hunni xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I should be 5+2 now i reckon, it's just an ongoing nightmare :( I hope they do something today to give me answers - cant take much more of this x

Im sorry that you are having to go through this and I think that the way you have been treated is an absolute disgrace. I hope that it is a mirical for you honey but being honest it does sound like a mc. If your levels were 80 at 5 and a half weeks too that is low. If your levels have dropped then they will class it as a mc. But that should not conclusive as hcg levels can rise if you have an ectopic pregnancy! They need to sort you out this is making an unbearable time worse! Take care! Xxx

Well it's been confirmed, my hcg is down to 20 so epas say I have had a complete miscarriage. Problem is I'm still really heavily bleeding which they can't understand, if it hasn't stopped tomorrow they will scan me. :( x

i am realy sorry about ur mc its never easy hope the bleeding stops and u dont need that scan take care xxx

I'm so sorry hun, having suffered 2 mc myself, I know
exactly what you are going through. Take good care of yourself xx

Oh I'm so sorry hun, your experience sounds similar to my very first miscarriage. I was told that my cervix was closed so hadn't miscarried - but I was in the process of it. I found the hospital staff to be so insensitive with me that I didn't bother going in with my other miscarriages.

Try and get some rest and keep your fluids up if you're losing a lot of blood. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back