Miscarriage Tissue help please

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I had a missed Miscarriage, Found out at 11+5 Baby had stopped developing at 6ish weeks!
So im now getting treated for recurrent miscarriages and they have said they want to send the tissue off.
Im booked for my D&C tomorrow, But tonight I've started cramping really badly and passing clots,
I've been told to collect the tissue if anything passes, my question is,
What the hell does it look like? all the other times I just flushed and didnt look.
How do I know whats actually tissue and what's just bloody clots, Or shall I just put everything clotty in a tub and take that in?
I feel a bit stupid doing that incase im just handing them a big tub of goo!
Thanks Ladies

Hey honey, been waiting on news from you and hoping it wasnt bad news. Im so so sorry, I have had 3 miscarriages and on my 3rd like with you they asked for a sample to test. I was told that it looks like raw chicken and tbh I jyst collected everything in the sink and looked through. The sample I took in was tested and I had collected the right things. As a guide I had an urge to pass something and I think that was the actual sac that I put in the pot, I had pains where I had to lay down then all of a sudden an urge, irs the only aay I can describe it then I pushed out a blob. All the other clots and stuff just came with no 'feeling' as such and after I passed the sac that looked like raw chicken I wasnt in as much pain.
Sorry for rambling, just trying to give details!

Im so so sorry for you honey, Its awful to go through but mine was tested and even at 5/6wk they told me gender (boy) and that he had a trisomy disorder. It brought me comfort that I hadnt done anything wrong that it was genetics.

I hope your feeling ok and Im sending love xxxx

Thankyou for your reply. I and my D&C today, they said that the sac was Really low down, but they managed to get it all and send the sample off.
The staff were so amazing, It was by far the worst experience of my life.
But they made me feel so much better after..
I had no idea they could tell you the sex.
I'd really like to know as there is a myth in the family that we can't carry Boys. My mum has all sisters and all of my cousins are girls. So it would be interesting to know x

So sorry for you loss sweet :-(
My auntie couldn't also carry boys she miscarried every time she got caught the furthest she went was 12 weeks yet she had healthy girls that are both in their 30s now, one of them has 2 girls and the other is currently pregnant but wants a surprise but every one is thinking girl! the last boy in my family was my brother who is 27 the rest are girls the youngest being 2 so I think it can happen, I hope you take the time you need to look after yourself and hope your oh will too xx

Oh Im so glad you had your d and c. In a way you can start to move forward, yes gentics are a wonderful thing and until you have 3 mc you dont have the opportunity. When I had my d and c the staff were utterly amazing too and even though like you it was the worst experience ever they tried to make it bearable. The anaesthetic nurse held my hand, stroked my hair and face and told me it would be over soon. It was a moment of kindness that I will never forget and it was 5 years ago.
I hope you get your results quickly and you can have some answers. Again, im so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and make sure you talk to your partner about both of your feelings. Xxxxxx

Lulla, I'm so sorry, I was in the Jan 2018 thread with you and I've also had a miscarriage. I didn't end up having a D&C, I lost it naturally but I was devastated as I'm sure you are too. It felt like it got slightly better once I knew the mc was finally over...

Hey Ladies sorry I've been absent, Thankyou for all the advice.
Fela, Im so sorry, Yes Im only spotting brown blood now, so I'm feeling a lot better about it, I feel like i can move on now.
Were in the middle of buying a house so I'm throwing myself into that.
xx

That's probably best, I'm trying to do the same. :) I found the relief to be almost difficult to deal with, it felt wrong to be so relieved, but now it's over you can start afresh with whatever you want to do whether that is ttc again or giving yourself a break. Be kind to yourself and treat yourself in some way if you can :)

Hey ladies, I had the results back from the genetic testing, It turns out the Baby was a girl, And she has Turners syndrome.
Apparently only 1% of TS pregnancies carry to full term. It was a bit of a relief knowing there was a certain reason why I had lost it, I was dreading a 'everything's normal' diagnosis, and just being told to carry on...
But also, were still sad, as we've spoken about chromosomal defects before, and said the Downs and Turners wouldn't bother us.
Still Im on my next round of climid, Ive just ovulated so I'm in my first TWW since the MC,
Hope all you ladies are getting the results you hope for
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back