Scan Today..... Good & Not so Good

happy-chick

Reaction score
Ive been to the hospital today, I spoke to PALS yesterday (Patient Advice Liason Service) and told them I was thinking about making a complaint and they must have told the ward im under as they were excellent today :shock: about bloody time too!

OK they did a scan, alot more thorough than all the other so that was great.

I was taken into room with a doctor and also a nurse (This never happened before!) and they explained that the radiographer could not detect any pregnancy tissue in my womb. I explained that I was still having some bleeding but its getting lighter and has gone brown so he said it looks like im nearing the end of my miscarriage but obviously he guarantee this.

The nurse took my blood pressure and also my temperature to check for infection - this was all fine.

The doctor then explained that the radiographer had found a 24mm cyst on my right ovary - he said that they are very common and should just go away on its own, he didnt seem at all concerned and said its didnt look strange and it was nothing to worry about. I am obviously worried about this and plan to go and see my GP and ask him for check ups on it to ensure its not growing etc.

The way that ive been treated today has been excellent, I just wish it had been like this throughout the whole m/c. It has made me more determind to make a complaint as I now know what I should have been treated like.
The doctor I saw today was fantastic and explained everything to me in detail and gave me the oppurtunity to ask any questions etc.

Overall im glad things seem to be coming to an end, but there has been no tissue for a good few weeks now (since last scan) so a bit strange that im still bleeding.

As far as this cyst is concerned, will this effect my chances of getting pregnant and will it increase the risk of an eptopic pregnancy?

Also another questions here: http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=30658

Hi sweetie :hug:
I am soo glad they finally treated you with the respect and dignity you rightly deserve. It is good news about all the tissue going and that apart from the ovary everything is going ok.
You are right to go and get it checked out with the doc just to see what affect it might have on your fertility...but the other doc would defo have arranged test if it was anything to really serious...so please try not to worry :hug:
As for affect on fertility...I am no doctor, but i can relay info about my sis. Her ovaries are riddled with cysts. She has PCOS. She went to doc after trying for ababy for 2 years. He prescribed Metformin and BANG!!! she was pg a month later!!! So don't panic, go and speak to the doc and tell him you worries, but I just know you are going to be fine :cheer:
Lots of hugs honey!! :hug:
Michelle
xxxx

Hey mate,

Just got your email... as i said before can't post at work but now they have new software I can't view either now!!! GGRRRRR!

I really think that as you have a -ve HPT that you have no PG tissue left as the reason they assumed i did was that I was having a +ve HPT after my D&C and still bleeding... they couldn't see anything on the scan except that i still had clots in my womb, they just assumed there must be some PG tissue left.

As an update for everyone else, I have had a -ve HPT now (10.5 weeks after my M/C) and had a really bad bleed on Sunday, it was like when I had my medical management, really fast and with big clots (sorry if TMI). I now just have blood stained mucus and really hope thats it....

Sorry to hear about the cyst, but hopefully the fact that they weren't too concerned then it isn't something to worry about (esp as they think you might make a complaint as you'd think they'd be over the top just in case!)

I really hope that's it for you now and very soon we'll both be posting in TTC... and then very soon, first Tri!!!

J
X

Happybunny said:
Hi sweetie :hug:
I am soo glad they finally treated you with the respect and dignity you rightly deserve. It is good news about all the tissue going and that apart from the ovary everything is going ok.
You are right to go and get it checked out with the doc just to see what affect it might have on your fertility...but the other doc would defo have arranged test if it was anything to really serious...so please try not to worry :hug:
As for affect on fertility...I am no doctor, but i can relay info about my sis. Her ovaries are riddled with cysts. She has PCOS. She went to doc after trying for ababy for 2 years. He prescribed Metformin and BANG!!! she was pg a month later!!! So don't panic, go and speak to the doc and tell him you worries, but I just know you are going to be fine :cheer:
Lots of hugs honey!! :hug:
Michelle
xxxx

Thanks hun, that gives me some hope that your sis managed to conceive thanks.

Glad you have confidence in my situation, i dont at moment but im getting there!

Thanks hun xxxx :hug:

Tick-Tock said:
Hey mate,

Just got your email... as i said before can't post at work but now they have new software I can't view either now!!! GGRRRRR!

I really think that as you have a -ve HPT that you have no PG tissue left as the reason they assumed i did was that I was having a +ve HPT after my D&C and still bleeding... they couldn't see anything on the scan except that i still had clots in my womb, they just assumed there must be some PG tissue left.

As an update for everyone else, I have had a -ve HPT now (10.5 weeks after my M/C) and had a really bad bleed on Sunday, it was like when I had my medical management, really fast and with big clots (sorry if TMI). I now just have blood stained mucus and really hope thats it....

Sorry to hear about the cyst, but hopefully the fact that they weren't too concerned then it isn't something to worry about (esp as they think you might make a complaint as you'd think they'd be over the top just in case!)

I really hope that's it for you now and very soon we'll both be posting in TTC... and then very soon, first Tri!!!

J
X

Looks like things are looking up for us both hun ehh?!

Sorry bout the bleed, do you think it was period or something else?

That would be fantastic us both in TTC and 1st Tri together, hehe fingers crossed! :pray:

Thanks hun xxxxx :hug:

Hi Jo,
Good news the Hospital is finally treating you Right. Like we have said before, we are just another MC victim to be patched up and shown the door..not to upset anyone, and well who really wants to deal with our loss...sorry am Ranting :roll:
Ok back to you... :rotfl:
Great news about you getting treated but yes i would be a tiny bit concerned too about cysts, but lets look at it logically. I Know MANY MANY ladies who have cysts and have Children, Lots of people who have 'cysts GP are treating' Still manage to fall PG and have Babies...You have been told it's not a concern...so think positive. :cheer: It's not going to affect your chances... You WILL fall PG again and hold a new baby one day soon.
OK ? POSITIVE ! ! !

Other post now.... I didn't wait for a period before TTC again, I just went for it...ok took me 9 months plus to fall with Connell.... then after loss it took me a further 4 months which really isn't a long time at all. A few things i will say though.. Everyone is different, emotional scars take longer to heal, and if you do fall PG then tell your GP you don't know your last period date...you will...sneaky I know but i means you'll get a quicker scan and a sooner booking appointment... I will be getting my second scan on friday..completely different treatment from previous experiences... I am in control...and I phoned EPU after telling GP i was PG.. A bit like you going to PALS....Good for YOU!
Stay positive Jo, Good luck Doll.

Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

fynemum said:
Hi Jo,
Good news the Hospital is finally treating you Right. Like we have said before, we are just another MC victim to be patched up and shown the door..not to upset anyone, and well who really wants to deal with our loss...sorry am Ranting :roll:
Ok back to you... :rotfl:
Great news about you getting treated but yes i would be a tiny bit concerned too about cysts, but lets look at it logically. I Know MANY MANY ladies who have cysts and have Children, Lots of people who have 'cysts GP are treating' Still manage to fall PG and have Babies...You have been told it's not a concern...so think positive. :cheer: It's not going to affect your chances... You WILL fall PG again and hold a new baby one day soon.
OK ? POSITIVE ! ! !

Other post now.... I didn't wait for a period before TTC again, I just went for it...ok took me 9 months plus to fall with Connell.... then after loss it took me a further 4 months which really isn't a long time at all. A few things i will say though.. Everyone is different, emotional scars take longer to heal, and if you do fall PG then tell your GP you don't know your last period date...you will...sneaky I know but i means you'll get a quicker scan and a sooner booking appointment... I will be getting my second scan on friday..completely different treatment from previous experiences... I am in control...and I phoned EPU after telling GP i was PG.. A bit like you going to PALS....Good for YOU!
Stay positive Jo, Good luck Doll.

Lv Yvonne xx :hug:

Yeah ill defo get my GP to refer me to ensure everything ok. I dont think we will wait for first period, I feel ready as i know deep down ill never be ready fully so dont wanna hang around and dwell.

Thanks for PM too hun xxxxx :hug:

I can't add to what the others have said but just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back