Miscarriage, Ectopic or Normal?

Beth H

Reaction score
Hi all!

I’m new here and got told today by the Dr I am pregnant.
I went to the dr with suspected chronic period pains and was hoping for something to help ease the pain. Pain were very low and so chronic I couldn’t walk, speak or do anything when the waves of pain came.
Blood tests results came back today with HCG of 120. Is this low? I could be anywhere from 4 weeks. Got to go back tomorrow for more blood tests to check HCG. Pains are bad still, more of a long dull ache like period pain. No bleeding, and usual discharge I’d expect before a period.
Anyone had anything similar?
Thank you, from a shocked and worried Beth xx

Sorry no real advice! Not sure what HGC should be, all I know is that it should double everyday! I had cramps and pains for the first trimester of my pregnancy, A lot of round ligament pain, which is intense! I didn’t think I was pregnant cause I had awful period pains the night before my period was due! Try not to worry, good luck xxx

Hi all!

I’m new here and got told today by the Dr I am pregnant.
I went to the dr with suspected chronic period pains and was hoping for something to help ease the pain. Pain were very low and so chronic I couldn’t walk, speak or do anything when the waves of pain came.
Blood tests results came back today with HCG of 120. Is this low? I could be anywhere from 4 weeks. Got to go back tomorrow for more blood tests to check HCG. Pains are bad still, more of a long dull ache like period pain. No bleeding, and usual discharge I’d expect before a period.
Anyone had anything similar?
Thank you, from a shocked and worried Beth xx

Hi Beth, I am also not sure on hcg levels 120 seems like you could be very early. Low and slow rising can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy if the pain is as you describe I would attend a&e myself x

120 seems about normal for 4 weeks pregnant! I was in the 100s the week I found out (I was 4 weeks pregnant) so I think you’re okay there !

How are you getting on @Beth H

had a scan today which showed nothing as too early. HCG now up at 289 but still really bad pains. Been prescribed codeine for the pain and back for a scan next week. Thank you for asking xx

had a scan today which showed nothing as too early. HCG now up at 289 but still really bad pains. Been prescribed codeine for the pain and back for a scan next week. Thank you for asking xx

Great news! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back