Should I Be Worried? :S

Cheryl19

Reaction score
Around 2-3 weeks ago i was in A&E with some agonising pains im my lower stomach, the doctors ran some blood tests and did a urine test and everything came back normal and also a test read that i wasnt pregnant... Tuesday just gone i was due on my period but it didnt arrive so i did 2 pregnancy tests that both came back positive but i wasnt convinced so i did 4 more that all came back positive... Lol.. But this week i have also had a few unpleasant cramps/pains, not sure how to describe them but there not very comfortable. Midwife says im around 5 weeks pregnant but if thats so then why wasnt it picked up at the hospital?? And iv also done a CB yesterday that says im 2-3 weeks, so what should i believe and should i be worrying about these pains? My OH keeps thinking iv got a cyst.. so this is why im asking.. Thanks..

The pains can quite simply be implanting pains or stretching pains from where baby is settling in. As for hospital not picking up the pregnancy you were probably too early to tell. I may be wrong but i think the tests go from when LO actually imbedded in you as where midwives go from your last period... so midwife will be right as mine said 2 - 3 weeks and midwife put me at 5 weeks which was pretty much spot on bar a few days.

Yes that's right, 2-3 weeks actually means 4-5 weeks. Basically it means you conceived 2-3 weeks ago but when they actually work out your dates they take it from day of your last period.
As Dollface said, the pains could be due to implantation :) x x

Hey hun, I had cramps and bleeding 4-5 weeks but it was just baby snuggling in :) also the NHS preg tests don't show as early as the 1s we tend to use at home. Congrats :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your bfp :)

A pg test dont lie - if there is a line then its a positive for sure. You cant get a false positive only a false negative. The tests they use at the hospital are 25ml so you was most likely too early in pregnancy so there test could not pick it up. If you had a hcg beta blood test done that would of confirmed your pregnancy as they measure the actuall amount & anything over 8 which is really sensitive is consided pregnant. I wouldnt worry at all, you have had 4+ positive pregnancy tests you are pregnant hun :)

Last edited:
I agree with everything the ladies have said, just wanted to congratulate you :D :hugs: xx

Me too, I agree with what has already been said. I had cramping like af pains in the begining too, its normal. Huge congrats by the way!! :yay: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back