Mini-pill

mandspice

Reaction score
As I can't take the combined pill my GP has recommended this post baby (we don't want another for a couple of years at least). Does anyone take this and what are your experiences of it? Any side effects?

Thanks!

I was taking Noriday until last month.
I stopped it though because I was constantly bleeding on and off throughout the whole time i took it.

I have now stopped taking it because of the constant bleeding and no period :wall:

I am on the minipill (Femulin) and have been since I was 16 (appart from TTC and preg obviously). I am on it as all the other pills, injections etc play havoc with my migranes.

I have never had any problems with it. If you are good at remembering to take it at the same time everyday, you dont get the same window of time as you do with the normal pill.

Emma58 said:
I was taking Noriday until last month.
I stopped it though because I was constantly bleeding on and off throughout the whole time i took it.

I have now stopped taking it because of the constant bleeding and no period :wall:

Same here but with Cerazette. Stopped taking it and finally a few weeks later a "normal" period.

i was on cerazette at first but it made me really really sick like morning sickness- so went on noriday. only effects i had from that one were AF symptoms (no AF tho)

I took micronor but i stopped as i didn't like it. it caused me to bleed every 2 weeks.! and i had terrible body ache. legs and back especially.
regarding side effects. don't want to scare any one off, but it did say in the micronor leaflet that there is a possibility of developing breast cancer :shock:

:think: doesn't sound too appealing! I also have a history of ectopic pregnancy and I've read that it can be a risk factor, although my GP thinks the risk would be minimal and better than using no contraception at all.....mmm, tricky one.

maldives said:
regarding side effects. don't want to scare any one off, but it did say in the micronor leaflet that there is a possibility of developing breast cancer :shock:

All pills, mini or normal says this, it has to do with the pill changing your hormone levels

Im on the mini pill Cerazette. Been on it for about 2 months and had 3 days where i have bleed a little not much tho. haven't had any sides effects yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back