Millie is here :) born 19/7/13

kim88

Reaction score
soo while in breastfeeding hungriest baby in the world heres my story.

had a sweep thursday and mw said i was only 1cm and seemed quite negative about sweep she did... But it worked. An hour later i was having mild contractions every 8 mins which got worse and closer over the next few hours but only averaging 4 mins. Got to about 8pm and wanted to get checked as pain was getting worse so went delivery suite.
I got there and went into assesment room where i found out i was 2cm and completely thinned as opposed to 1cm and her having trouble getting in that same afternoon. Was told to wait half an hour to see if i progressed which i did to 3cm and a lot more pain so went to delivery suite for pethidine and gas and air. Was there a little while where i got to 4cm and was finally in established labour. After a while of getting painful contractions and getting to 6cm i wanted an epidural! I had one about 3 Friday morning and was in labour for the next 12 hours and didn't get to more than 8cm. Throughout the labour Millies heartbeat was really fast and had a lot docs in and out checking it but no one really making much of a comment. In the end after not dilating and her heartbeat averaging higher i suddenly heard them whispering and telling theatre to get ready, i was having socks put on me, signing forms and being wheeled off to theatre for a caesarean! I was so nervous as iv always thought what if you are numb enough! I was tested to see if i was numb enough and then all the pushing and tugging started! Weirdest experience ever! Then i heard a little gurgling cry and Millie was born 19/7/13 at 3:30pm weighing 7lb. They gave her to her daddy for cuddles and i just saw the most perfect little girl ever.
iv had a few complications like pressure sores and allergic reactions but I'm so happy to have her here! Came home yesterday and it feels like a dream. Will post a pic soon xxx

SInJe8Is.jpg

Oh wow! That sounds quite scary!! Glad your both okay now :) she's lovely, congratulations!xx

Congrats, least she got here safe & sound. Glad to hear yous are doing well. Im sure ur glad to be home with your little darling, so cute!! x

Millie is absolutely gorgeous hun.

Congrats to you. Look after yourself...sounds like you had quite a tough birth xx

She so beautiful! Congratulations! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back