Milk

B81292

Reaction score
What is the best milk to start out with ? Or are they all basically the same ?
Cow and Gate is the cheapest in my supermarket , I had SMA when I was a baby but Aptamil I've heard is the best ?

I've used a variety with my daughter. We tried sma to start with as it's easy we used with my son but she suffered with terrible sickness and diarrhoea with it so I don't think it agreed with her. We then tried aptamil which she had seemed okay with but because she was premature she didn't gain enough weight on it so the gp prescribed us nutri prem which she's been on ever since from about 4 weeks old. It's trial and error really as it depends on baby. My son only ever had sma after I stopped breastfeeding and was fine on it until he went onto cows milk at 12 months. Ive heard really good things about hipp organic though. Sorry If I've done fused you I would start somewhere with one and just see how baby gets on hun xxxx

I dont think theres a huge difference. But some babies dont settle on one brand.

We tried c&g at 1st, my lb had colic and reflux so we tried changing tr milk to sma and this made him awful. Cramps and green poo.

We even tried hipp organic then but didnt notice much change.
Went back to c&g in the end and just changed bottles from tt to dr browns and that helps both reflux & colic loads :)

Ive heard c&g and actamil are made from the same company xx

My son started on cow and gate but turned out he had a milk allergy at 10 months he was weaned off the special milk and we tried hipp organic and never had a problem on it so I'm going to try that one first this time

If you look at the ingredients Cow & Gate are EXACTLY the same as aptamil.... SMA are slightly different. I used C&G with mine as it is the cheapest and had no problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back