Milk has come in but im not leaking?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Colourmeblue, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Colourmeblue

Colourmeblue Well-Known Member

After a bit of advice please ladies. My little baby girl arrived into the world on Thursday 13th, so 5 days ago now. Im pretty sure my milk has come in as i can hear her gulping when she is feeding, my breasts are bigger, and when i squeeze it is now a more creamy colour, as opposed to the yellow colosstrum i had the first couple of days. The thing is they dont feel heavy, and the have not leaked at all yet. With my first (ten years ago) i remember they would leak constantly and they would get so heavy and full througout the night. I dont have that at all this time. Should i be worried that i dont have enough milk if they are not leaking/full?

ps baby is feeding fine, and is happy and filling her nappy.

Thank you for any advice xxx

2. Nicnax

Nicnax Well-Known Member

I didn't leak for a good 10 days after having my little lady. My milk came in on day 3, but I only knew because of her poor, and the midwife told me! As long as there are wet and poorly nappies, all is good. :)

3. stargirl

stargirl Well-Known Member

I only ever leak when my lo goes longer the "normal" between feeds. And that's only if he cries or if I press on my boob. Other then that I don't leak much at all. Though I know I have a good supply because my lo poo's and wee's constantly and comes off the breast very milk drunk. :)

4. Colourmeblue

Colourmeblue Well-Known Member

Thank you very much ladies. I think i just had a blockage or something. My left breast got all hard and big and was painful, it was relieved after i fed her though x