leaking so much milk

heles7

Reaction score
me and james have been having a very very tough time b/feeding but its slowly getting better although I'm still not enjoying the feeds.

I'm also getting hugely pissed off at the amount of milk I'm leaking. I don't want to wear a bra all the time with pads but if i dont my clothes are sopping down to my waistline so quickly.

When does this calm down? Will it calm down? :?

I dont know how long it takes till they dont leak as much.
Mine are leaking almost constantly at the moment, i cannot go without bra and pads at all.

I am having to take a towel out with me when i go visit people as when she feeds the mess created is mad :oops: My milk goes everywhere :oops: Have no idea how i am going to breastfeed in public with my fountains :?
Hopefully the milk supply will calm a bit soon.

My washing is getting ridiculous also with all my extra clothes and bedding to wash which gets covered in milk.

I found my boobs leaked loads to begin with - first 10 days and I had to always wear bra with pads. They calmed down a lot after that but I sleep on a towel now so that I dont have to wear a bra in bed!

I am feeding Emms every 1-2 hours during the day which has helped a lot as boobs dont seem to be as leaky. She is only waking once or twice in the night so the boobs do leak overnight! I'm not sure whether this goes on for as long as you BF. I found the Tommee Tippee breast pads quite good. :hug:

mine are still leaking for britain too!

i reccommend tommee tippee closer to nature pads, before i discovered them I was using ones from morrisons, and was having to change them every 20 minutes :shock: , but the tommee tippee ones stick in place and i only need to change them every 3 hours or so.

Sorry to tell you this ladies, but I've been wearing a bra and pads 24-7 for 7 months now!!

Midna - I agree most pads are blimmin useless, but I have discovered that tommee tippee ultra absorbant pads are excellent and the only ones that stop me leaking all over my clothes.

My leaking did calm down after the first few months, but I still leak from one side when I'm feeding from the other.

K.xx

7 months! yikes... the last couple of days have been a touch better but still the nights are quite problematic. I think the towel option is probably going to be best - I can't stand the thought of sleeping in a bra :?

If you get a really soft one then you hardly notice them. You can also buy special sleep bras for when breastfeeding, they're more like crop tops.

But def get the TT breast pads, the others are crap!

K.xx

mine are much better now - one will leak when i'm feeding from the other, and they'll go off on one if i'm late for a feed (connor's conditioned them to provide him with nosh every 2 hours :lol:) but in between times, they don't leak at all. i use washable pads - they seem to do the trick these days :)

I wear a bra and pads all day and a vest with a hidden support thing in at night to hold pads then, its more comfy than a bra for sleeping and cuts down on laundry if im not leaking all over the sheets!
As for going without a bra in the day, there is no way these mahoosive boobs are going anywhere unfettered! :lol:

I use the TT pads, they're better than any others I have tried. I tried the Johnsons ones but they're very small don't absorb as much.

Forgot to say that i found he tommee tippee pads to be the best, i did try tescos own pads but they stuck to my nipples :shock: and it bloody hurts to try peel them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back