Migraines

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Anyone else suffering?

Got a real stinker of one brewing, the flashing lights have started (normally starts as a little pin prick and gradually builds up and up til I can't see properly) then comes the headache.

It's a real pain in the ass!

Yep - been getting them for the last week or so now and every day without fail i get one - pesky hormones! :roll:
I tend to have a warm bath, then curl up on the sofa or in bed with OH whilst he watches a movie or plays PC - just comforting to have him to cuddle next to.

I had a day off yesterday with a bad head. It came on on sunday afternoon and I eventually got rid of it at teatime yesterday.

:(

Yes. I hadn't suffered from them since I was about 17 but they've come back. Had one last week and thought one was coming today but it seems to have disappeared.

Not so much migranes, I do get them but now (since I am a grown up!!) about only 3 a year. But, I am getting headaches all the time - at least every other day I wake up with one and it doesn't shift all day, not even with the help of paracetomol. I am making sure i am drinking loads and eating properly to rule out dehydration, low blood sugar etc but nothing seems to work!!!

Huge sympathy to all of you with migranes / headaches!!

I did have migraines but i was getting really bad headaches, the ones kerry described, no tablets would touch it.

I got told about the migraine pads, cant think what they are called now, but they are little cold pads that you stick on your head.
that with a cold fannel on my neck really helped me, maybe try that and see how you get on?

not sure on migraines tho, i know they are terible so i feel for you

xxx

Hiya Rosie

I have had two Migraines since being pregnant this time. One at 11 weeks and one at 19 weeks. Full Blown with flashing lights the lot. If you read up on it they say that lots of people that have never had migraines begin having them in pregnancy. This is true because the first one I had with my 3rd daughter and carried on having them with the other Two and this one !!!

Ive been having just headaches the last few days but have put it down to tiredness.

:0)

Ragna xxx

Woke up with a normal headache this morning. That really sucks, when the moment you open your eyes you realise you've got a stinking headache. I was going to stay in bed, but thought that it might make me feel worse.

Normally waking up with a headache is because you are de-hydrated. Take a few large glasses of water and see if this helps. I get that loads of times and is awful cos you want to get up and going but your body is telling you different !!

Ragna xxxx

I've been trying not to drink too much before I go to bed because of the weeing, but looks like I'm going to have to if I keep getting the headaches.

I hate getting out in the middle of the night, going downstairs, moving the dogs out the way to get to the loo and then back again when I've finished. It's such a pain, especially now it's getting colder!

Awww Rosie

Im exactly the same. Our bedroom is actually in the Garage (or where it used to be...we dont sleep amongst the Tools honestly) so when I want a wee I have to go all the way upstairs and it feels like a 3 mile hike at 3.30 in the morning !!! Seriously thought of getting a comode !!!

Because of my problems with DVT I have to drink all the time as its good for your circulation, and I think you will find that even if you dont drink much at night you will still want a wee. (Docs told me that)

Hope you headache has calmed down now. I know just how crap it makes you feel.

Ragna xxxx

Good thinking!!

I do try to lay off too much to drink at night and try to stick to milk but looks like thats not a good idea!!

Thanks

I've been gulping down the squash today (sugar free) as I don't like just water.

Seems to be holding off the worst of it. Been feeling a bit groggy though.
Think that being stuck indoors all day doesn't help. Going to watch a film this afternoon but then see if DH fancys a mosy round the village tonight so I can get some fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back