Headaches/Migraines any cure ?

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
this maybe a post for first tri but they as in headaches seem to have increased in intensitity and length now im entering second tri.

On Friday, i had a migraine that lasted 7 hours with vomiting and blurred vision and last night, well this one started at 2am and is now going but had vomiting, numb arm etc....they are painful and debiliating. I used to get them before being pregnant but had medication to control them, I'm now aware all I can take is paracetemol. They are hell and I have missed lots of work from them. :oops:

I have called my midwive to ask for some advice and booked myself if with a chiropracter as think it maybe linked to back pain, I really don't know what else i can do.

Has anyone else had bad headaches/migraines and found a way of managing them?

I am pretty desperate to be honest...

At least i will see my LO on scan today and realise all the suffering is worth it
xxx

you can also take co-codamol unfortunatly sleep might be the only other option right now :(

i don't have migraines but have had evil headaches since getting pregnant. the last one started on friday and only went away yesterday :(

paracetamol doesn't really touch them, and the only thing that helps is sleep.

the midwife couldn't really suggest anything more than paracetamol and co-codamol though. work have been understanding cos i've had quite a bit of time off too...

no suggestions really hon - hope your medics are able to give you some helpful advice :hug: :hug:

I suffered from terrible migraines before and during pregnancy.

The doctor gave me soluable powders called PARAMAX whish containg 1000mg paracetamol and also metachlopramide which stops you feeling sick. Ask your doct about that.

Soluable is best as it gets absorbed quicker.

I also wore a magnetic wristband which helped.

If you want any info give me a shout.

I am so sorry you are getting this honey!! I had terrible headaches around the same time too.

Luckily I was at the hospital for a GTT test when I had one of them, so midwife check my BP (was healthy), so doc gave me some co-codamol...all I can say is....BLISS!!!

My headache went away in 10 minutes!!! (I had had it for two days and couldn't shift it before that!!)

I had one last week too, so I took the co-codamol (along with 2 paracetamol) and it went in 5 minutes again!! It is magic!!

They make you feel drowsy and can aggreviate constipation...but they are worth it!! I quite liked the slightly drunk feeling! :cheer:

Don't get co-codamol without speaking to your doc first though, I think it has to be prescribed.

Hope you're felling better soon honey!!!

How did the scan go????? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
M
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111