might have a go at opk's

MayBMore

Reaction score
Hellooo chickens hope you had a lovely day yesterday :dine:

I've spent a bit of time looking around and learning about conception and things (back to school for me), which has helped me deal with sitting around feeling broody. I'd like to join in the fun and see what's going on ovulation wise and see if there are any patterns. It might not work yet as not had af since stopping the pill. So I'm going to wait for that and see what happens next cycle. Anyone know any cheap kits that are good. Hmmm curious....

In other news I've woke up with a rubbish cold and feel a bit achey and bleurrgh today. At least my little snuggle bum is on her way back from gramps :baby: (how cute are the baby smilies!)

x

Hey Stacey,
Had an awesome full of love V day, hope you did too.:friends:
I bought my ovulation kit on amazon for reasonable price it's Clear Blue and has 20 strips. I haven't started using it yet. Last time I used some cheap stuff from ebay and I never could read the buggers. :mad:
I love the baby smileys as well, my favourite is :girl:
Hope you have a good weekend :dust:

Hey cheers for the tip x that's the beauty of this forum, you can nick bits of others experience :)

Had a lovely past couple of days...now me and the littleun are feeling run down with a cold. Hopefully it'll pass soon. Awrr I was going to look at the smilies again but it doesn't come up on quick reply.....ahaaa found them! I like: :sleepy::preg::dummy: hehee little things x

First time round I used a clearblue fertility monitor - expensive, around £100 to buy, but cheaper 2nd hand on ebay, and the sticks are around £12 per month but I swear by mine. I never needed it second time (I had all the sticks bought but ended up trying earlier and fell first time), so I sold mine as I hadn't planned on anymore!

Thank you Mrs M x

Yes I was googling CBFM's and they look a bit pricey but more accurate, I think this may def be something to consider when properly TTC maybe if I'm still going after a couple of cycles. For now and to start with I might just have a go at the cheaper sticks and see if it makes any sense :) ..I skipped right past the TTC section last time and feel like I want to be part of the excitement (I should perhaps shush tho as I know it's hard and stressful for some)

If you use the cheapies, you could note down a few things that happen at the same time, symptom spotting :) Then you might not need to use anything if you know what your body is doing? I know exactly when my fertile time is thanks to this!

Hello Ladies, sorry havent been on all weekend, I just didnt have a chance to actually get on the laptop!
Stacey, I actually started using the cheap ones this month, but like you, Ive only just come off the pill and havent had a period as yet, but I did try the kits for about 10 days and nothing :( I wonder if its because I need my first proper period before I will ovulate? I really hope thats the case! Or it may be that cheap ones are rubbish?? I will try again this month and keep you updated :)

Hope you all had a lovely V day!!!
We were meant to go out for dinner saturday evening, but instead stayed in with a pizza, choc and movies! haha we know how to live :dance:

Diet started again yesterday, so am looking forward to shifting some weight! On the plus side, booked my 2 holidays, yay!! But now, I have to task of shifting 2/3 stone in 2 months! haha - wish me luck with that xx

Happy Monday Ladies,

Stacey, I agree with the previous post that if you buy the cheap strips it's worth noting down the other symptoms I did get to know my body very well and I am now in tune with what's happening. My clear blue didn't cost that much I only paid £35 and it comes with 20 strips so if you shop around they don't need to cost an arm and a leg. I hope you find the righ one for you.:friends:

Vixx: Nice to have you back. :pizza: sounds great I am sure you had a great time. We had a gooddie Vday as well. :wink: Good luck with the dieting it's tough :mad:

Thanks Kat, I struggle so much with dieting, its just a constant problem in my life! I have gained over 2 stone over the last year, so I really need to give myself a kick up the bum and start to do something serious about it, and stop eating the naughty foods!!:cake2:

Thanking yous for the advice Kat and Vixx still no sign of af for me yet, last was 30th Jan so I'm just on a bit of a pause before buying kits and things...also external family stuff has taken over my recent obsession for a new baby so will be back in force soon as it's all settled down. Will be back in to peep on you guys tho ;) Awrr what a lovely bunch of girlies you are.

Vixx I tried the 5:2 diet last year and combined it with going to the gym for a hardcore 2 hours of different excercises every other day topped with swimming. After I kept that up for 2 weeks (haha good going Stace!) I did actually notice a big difference (I put on 3 stone with my last preganacy/maternity leave hermit-ness)..but with one thing or another I've fell by the wayside) I guess what I'm trying to say is proper hardcore dedication really does pay off but it's bloody hard keeping it up and staying in the zone. I find good old competition helps to drive me...I was thinking of joining sw for this reason. Good luck babes xx

Don't leave Stace!! You will be missed sorely :cry:
Make sure you show face every now and then. Hopefully your family stuff will be sorted soon. :hugs:

Here I am! :wave: Hey I'm not leaving no way hose-ay x might just be a tadge pre-occupied from time to time. I'm still WTT and looking forward to investigating what's occuring with af's....also I've got a thread in birth and labour section. I'm going to see the supervisor of midwives on Friday to go over my notes about what happened during the birth of my little lady. Hopefully that will settle down some of my fears about going through it again (fingers crossed)..so I'll be updating that too :) catch you later aligator xx

Hey Stace, glad you are sticking around, and I hope your visit with the midwife goes well!
I have not idea whats going on with AF and not even sure when its due, last one was 28th feb-30th feb (on the pill) so I guess it will be next week sometime?! Will be interesting as will be the first one for a long long time, without being on the pill. No signs or symptoms as yet, so bring on next week!x

Hello peeps x Vixx - I think I read your post before but got distracted before replying...

I just looked in my diary and the first day of my last cycle (then I came off the pill) was 30th Jan so I make that cd22 now...no sign of af either - I reckon our cycles are similar then from what you've said, and similar situation with coming of the pill this month too. Are you using opk's next cylce? Do you know what days to start using them (I'm guessing about 12 days after cd1?) Still a bit unsure what I'm doing ...shall we compare? Haha I don't quite know if I'm sure I want to go into tooooo much detail if you know what I mean (no offence what-so-ever for the hardcore symptom spotters as it's useful to know..but think I might be on the shy side of sharing tmi)

...you never know once I get going I might be different :p

Just a bit of an update af arrived today so I make that last cycle 32 days long and also explains why I was feeling all extra je t'aime around valentines day :) counting today as cd1 so will get myself an opk in the next few days and see what's occuring in about 2 weeks time x

Yay for your :afalert: hope she will go easy on you. I hate those moody days. :roll:

Hey Stacey, that means our cycles are almost the same!! my first AF showed up on Saturday, that was CD33 for me, the first one after coming off my pill, but it seems to have stopped today now? Two days isnt that long is it? Oh well, I guess I will have to see what next month brings... My moods have been particularly bad though this month, poor OH at home :( Ive been a right moody cow, I dont know how he puts up with it.

Yay us though, for getting our first AFs!!

Thanx hunnies x I do feel grumpety today and shattered! It's a good job my o/h is at work otherwise he'd get the joys of my long face around the place hehe. On the plus side my friend and her 2 yr old went to a soft play centre today, whilst it was utterly bonkers in there (flying children hazard!) they were some very cute copy cat interactions later on between them which cheered me up :dummy: Also I've been watching first dates on ch4 which is pretty funny esp when it's all going wrong...cringe!!

Glad I'm not the only one Vixx perhaps long cycles are normal straight after the pill, we will seee.

xx

Sooo I'm on cd12 anyone else doing opk's this month? I think I can test in about 6 days ish to see what,s happening with a 32 day cycle does that sound about right? x

Hi Stacey,

I recon you should try from cd14 to be on the safe side. I'm still waiting for AF so not testing as it seems a bit of a waste. I have my fingers crossed you get a good smiley face as it is so reassuring. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back